Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyChris

cut paths don't meet up

I have a MH721, I run flexi with the pnc1000 setup. however it doesnt matter if I use sign blazer, or flexi,the same thing happens.

I get areas, almost every path where the blade doesnt go all the way to where the cut started, it usually leaves a tiny gap. so when i weed it out the vinyl snags there, or tears and leaves little tags right where the vinyl ripped where it was supposed to be fully cut.

example on a simple letter like an O the blade starts at the top, goes all the way around and "almost" meets where it started, but not quite. then on the inside of the O it does the same exact thing.

how to I get the paths to completely meet up? or close, or however you want to say it.

do you have your blade offset set correctly in the program? if so i would try to change it even more until the points meet

In Flexi...at the cut/plot screen,go to the advanced tab and see what the overcut is. If it is set to 00..try 0.100 and see if that helps.

I just checked back to see if I had replies, and woo hoo! I do. I will do some test cutting and let you know what I discover, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I never have adjusted the offset or overcut, AT ALL! i didn't know it existed, thanks!

I'd put money on it being the offset setting in the software..........more expensive plotters can compensate for this in their firmware......the Refine needs it setup in the pc software.

john

i couldnt find where to adjust the blade offset in flexi. it was not in the advanced tab of the cut dialog. any ideas? I tried seaching help and just got tons of advice on setting the offset of shadows and outlines, ha ha.

I use Flexi starter 8.5  offset is as follows ... enter something on your layout screen like you are going to cut, click file.  click  cut/plot,  your production manger opens,  now at the upper left hand  corner of the production manager , right below where it reads your cutter brand, there is a box that says PROPERTIES,  CLICK IT,  THE SCREEN WILL CHANGE, to default Job properties. there are 3 pictures at top the far right is one that looks like a blade,, click it, screen changes,  there is a box that needs checked that says knife offset,  click the box and change it to what size you want,,  then at botton, click APPLY and OK,  you may have to keep adjusting the offset to get it to what you need.

one problem, I am using FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.6v2 under the properties tab i only have "job workflow" and "communication" tabs, not a tab with a blade on it at all. maybe cuz its the older version?

one problem, I am using FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.6v2 under the properties tab i only have "job workflow" and "communication" tabs, not a tab with a blade on it at all. maybe cuz its the older version?

OK, LUCKY FOR YOU,  I also have 7.6  go to lower left hand corner,,, under properties,  it  says JOB DEFAULTS on a button.,  click it,,  then you should see the blade on the upper right,  click it.. nowyou should see knife offset half way down,,,

ok, so,I hate to be a nag. But I tried a couple cuts, and by default the knife offset is set to .020, I upped it to .100 and whoah was that too much! it made all the corners bow way out. so I bumped it down to .030 and while all the cuts meet up, now all the corners arent sharp. they have a little nipple thingy coming off all corners, its a lot smaller than it was at .100, but its still there.

OK, LUCKY FOR YOU,  I also have 7.6   go to lower left hand corner,,, under properties,  it  says JOB DEFAULTS on a button.,  click it,,  then you should see the blade on the upper right,  click it.. nowyou should see knife offset half way down,,,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!