Sign in to follow this  
MGOMEZ

bad customer service

seems like all the posts about bad customer service are true! i bought 2 pcut's 1.5 years ago, 1 as a back up machine, still in the box. i have been cutting materials of different thickness, which requires a blade adjustment. i got the blade holder out of the back up machine box and started cutting and had problems' i took the holder out and compared it to the one i have been using and saw that the blade dosn't go into the holder far enough, the magnet that holds the blade in is not set in the holder correctly. with this blade holder in the cutter the blade has about 1 millimeter between the blade tip and the cutting strip. to top it off the blade and the plunger to push the blade out bind up so that the blade dosn't move in and out. i submitted a ticket and was told it was out of warranty. in my message i stated that it is an unused back up machine that was sold with a non-functional blade holder. the correct response to this would have been to have me ship the blade holder to them so that they could see the CRAP i was sold, and replace the holder. anybody who knows anything about cutters would say this holder is defective. instead they are not even considering looking at it. i will have to spend another $50.00 for a good holder, which i should have recieved in the first place. there's at least one person at usc that needs some of the rocks knocked out of there head, as there narrow little mind just dosn't have the room for them!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ;D

levi hartzog. the rocks comment isn't aimed at you levi, unless your the shot caller. ;D

Take what I say with good intentions meant  ;D . I also bought a spare cutter a couple years ago , but I tried it out within the warranty ( that was " the " mistake not to have done ) . I always try to put myself in the other situation ... I would want some slack as you do , but I could blame any business man for sticking to company policy & warranty as clearly described ( especially knowing he has to answer to the boss ) . IF it is a cutter/blade holder that is still in production , maybe it could be covered under factory warranty & I'm sure we all understand how things are asked/attitude etc effects that decision & the rocks in the head statement doesn't help ) . I think the savings buying from USCutter & the low profit margain ( I bet they don't get cost on many e-bay auctions ) surpasses a situation as yours . The goal of any company is to keep in business , keep it's customers & get new customers BUT only if a profit is being made , otherwise an " Out of Business " sign gets hung on the door . That is how I would look at it if I was in your situation . I would not take what you were told as bad customer service . The safety margain you had by having a backup cutter was a wise decision even if it wound up costing you $50 more IMO .

Sooooo I can get a holder for my Roland for less than 10 bucks? When I called a while back a local vendor wanted 100. Needless to say I didn't buy it. I wanted a spare to switch out blades from vinyl to twill. You have ordered from them and it works just fine? That would be a sweet find, if so, THANKS!

The first link (Roland) is the blade holder that our Creation (Pcut, LaserPoint) machines use.

It is a shame that these days you can't assumew something that is brand new will work as it should but that's a facty of life. I always check things out the day I receive them,even if I'm not going to use them for awhile. Warrantys are based on the calendar.

The first link (Roland) is the blade holder that our Creation (Pcut, LaserPoint) machines use.

that's what I thought but since I don't actually have a pcut,wasn't 100% sure.

i bought the cutters a week apart from each other. when i got the second cutter i powered it up and then put it back in the box because i was satisfied with the first cutter. it's a good thing for me that i got this cutter second! i should be able to have everything on both cutters functional. this blade holder is brand new, and was not inspected before shipment. if i did business this way i would be out of business. if i sell something with a manufacturing flaw i have to replace it. when i bought my cutters on ebay, i paid $40.00 less and $20.00 less per cutter than they sell them for on the web site. they got the better end of the deal, which is ok with me. that dosn't mean that i don't expect them to cover bad parts in my machine.

WHAT IF THIS WAS MY ONLY MACHINE! i will say it again, the correct way to handle this would have been for me to pay for shipping so they could inspect it. if your not in charge of this, then don't make excuses for them. the fact that i will get another blade holder by paying for it my self has nothing to do with the real problem. i know for a fact they have sold a couple of cutters on my recomendation, won't be doing that any more. i have 2 cutters and 1 good blade holder, you would be happy with that? as for the rocks comment, when i have to put out more money, again, to a company that dosn't back up defective equipment, i will say anything i want to say. what are they going to do? not replace the item that they are not going to replace?

your turn ;D

will the roland holder work in the Refine?

Guest round2racing

Gomez,

I'm sorry that you had to find out that there was a defect 1.5 years after you bought it.

I have to agree with Rodger and FireMalt though.  It would have been better to test it and put it away, especially since they have a short warranty period.

I hope you are able to resolve your situation with a minimal amount of inconvenience.

Well if it was your ONLY machine, this wouldn't be a problem. Would it? If the machine has a 6 month warranty and you find a problem in 7 months they might discuss it. 18 months later, no company would stand behind it. Bottom line YOU did not find a problem in the warranty period, your loss.

Maybe it's silly, but if you bought ANYTHING that had even a year warranty and left it in the box without checking it out, then opened it a year and a half later and expect to get warranty work on it because it's defective.....YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!!!

Good God, I cannot believe the gall of some people, is it even possible to fathom that a one year Warranty is good for ONE year.

You have no right to come in here and publicy defame anyone at UScutter or Say you received bad customer service. You are the one at fault and need to deal with it!

Kevin

yes

will the roland holder work in the Refine?

the defect in the blade holder is so bad that it is unusable, don't know what i was thinking that they would be interested in helping with special problems.your right though, i should have set it up and tested.i didn't really have room for it. not a big deal. i now have another problem with the pcut that i have been using, the clamp with thumb screw to tighten the blade holder. ether the threaded insert in the clamp or the end of the thumb screw is starting to strip, but those parts are not available on the web site. probably won't last much longer and i'll be do to one cutter and one blade holder anyway.

someone had a blade holder holder to break a few weeks back and USC was able to help them, though it wasn't listed on the website.

i figured that they would want to know the part was defective and might want to help, what gall!!!!

idiot!

I love the  ;D ,  good attitude  ;D .

I have been self-employed in business for 30 some years & know both sides well . I trust that the defectice holder came with your cutter , but I know there is countless scams done to every business . That is why there are company policies & warranty limits  . You post  " if your not in charge of this, then don't make excuses for them. " 99.9% pf the people here are " not in charge of this " ... so you making the original post here was asking for a response & I gave mine   ;D ( I'm sure your response was not just to me ) . Posting negative things like the rocks in the head stuff would make me even more determined NOT to bend/break the rules to appease you .

You post " i will say it again, the correct way to handle this would have been for me to pay for shipping so they could inspect it."  I understand your request to get it replaced free of charge , but If USCutter has already decided they are not going to warranty a 1 1/2 year old blade holder , I can only think that you spending money to ship it back just for them to agree with you that it is defective would not bring any positive relief ;D

You post " i have 2 cutters and 1 good blade holder, you would be happy with that? " I would not be happy , but I would accept it If I had made the critical mistake of not trying things out & inspecting everything within the warranty period . I have made WAY WORSE mistakes & went on because it is accepting responsibility for my own actions or lack of actions . If anything , posting negative comments like the rock thing is not good & will never help bring a happy resolution . The way you approach things effect the outcome as much as what the facts are IMO .

I think I'll just lock this...it has run its course and is getting repetative.

Gomez...I suggest you try and deal directly with USC rather than continuing to post here. It would be more likely to produce results.