rgaskins

Not A Sign But Done With A US Cutter!!!

I just tinted one of the 2010 Camaro's  for a 16 year old girl the other day...I use a MH-1351 with Tint Tek Software...Thought you guys might like to see it...

Rick

post-721-1298654184461_thumb.jpg

post-721-12986541853091_thumb.jpg

My 17 year old is too! Funny thing is she came back and dropped it off for pink racing stripes and a zebra printed windshield strip...

Please tell me about using the refine with the Tink Tek software... Are you using the standard blades that shipped with the MH or the specialized TintTek blades? What problems have you run into if any?

Brandon, I'm using a blade from Tint Tek right now but I really can't tell any difference...I'm sure its just a standard 45* blade...One thing about these types of software is it gets you CLOSE but not perfect...What I mean by this is the pattern is a exact fit for the window meaning they don't allow for the rubber clearance and such...I have been tinting for 18 years and up till the last few months using the software and cutter...It does save a TON of time, I can cut a 4 dr car in over 2 minutes...

Also wanted to throw this out...I have a Roland Vp-540 print and cut here for signs but far as cutting that ole us cutter 1351 can cut right along with it!! That an my pcut have been darn good machines!

COOL!  :thumbsup:

Got any pics of the racing stripes and zebra strip?  I'd like to see how that turned out, ha  :thumbsup:

lol when I was 16 I was driving a sky blue 1965 Datsun. The owners manual was in Japanese. One of the doors was a  different shade of blue than the rest of the car and it wouldn't float at all (don't ask). It cost me $600 which was 2 years of mowing yards and raking leaves.How times have changed. Back then, only the (very few) rich kids had cars like a Camaro. Or a car at all, for that matter.

When I was 16, my mom brought home my first car,( I had to pay for it). She walked int eh house and said "I know you won't like it but it's cheap,$400 and safe". She told me she bought me a Vega, and BTW it was a Wagon. I about fell down. When I walked out to look at it I was grinning from ear to ear, and she asked  "You actually like it?" I said I love it. It was a '74 Cosworth GT Kammback Vega. Royal Blue with Black GT STRIPES On the hood and GT Rally Wheels. had the Twin overhead Cam Cosworth motor, with the Offy Intake. Wish I had it back now.

I was tickled to death. That little thing would Smoke a Camaro. I drove it into the ground.

Kevin

I green too !!! not 16 or even close to it anymore..  I would love to see the stripes and windsheild thing too.

When I was 16, my mom brought home my first car,( I had to pay for it). She walked int eh house and said "I know you won't like it but it's cheap,$400 and safe". She told me she bought me a Vega, and BTW it was a Wagon. I about fell down. When I walked out to look at it I was grinning from ear to ear, and she asked  "You actually like it?" I said I love it. It was a '74 Cosworth GT Kammback Vega. Royal Blue with Black GT STRIPES On the hood and GT Rally Wheels. had the Twin overhead Cam Cosworth motor, with the Offy Intake. Wish I had it back now.

I was tickled to death. That little thing would Smoke a Camaro. I drove it into the ground.

Kevin

was it one with the aluminum engione block?

The regular Vega & GT model had the aluminum block with a coating in the bore ( that is what the 2 stroke MX motorcycles have now , but a bit perfected :thumbsup: ) . I can't remember what the Cosworth engine was , I think they machined a specific engine for it , but kept it aluminum . All those engines held up well unless they overheated, that took the coating off & didn't last long after that .

The Cosworth was all aluminum block twin overhead cam 16 valve Fuel injected engine. The block was based off the stock 2.3l but in aluminum. They made about 120hp stock, and you could get well over 225Hp with a few little mods. we spent days tuning and tweaking a got that thing to light the tires like nothing else. IT was a fun toy. Just wish i had it back, they only made a few thousand and a ton less in a KammBack.

Fun old toys. Now I just play with my El Caminos.

Kevin

The base engine of all regular Vegas were aluminum also . A local guy had a Cosworth . He kept it & drove it until it rusted away . Is the Kammback the same as the hatchback ?  :)

no the Kammback was the wagon. Yes all blocks were aluminum, sorry for the mix up. The head on the stock Vega was cast iron, and Aluminum on cos worth twin. I read something a while back about the block. It was Reynolds, (as in the foil company that created the aluminum mix to mold the block with). Kind of explains a lot LOL.

I still have a 79 Monza Wagon sitting in the weeds that I dropped a 350 in., just haven't had time to get back to it and finish it up. Looks just like a Vega but a different grill.

Kevin

I'm surprised the cameo didn't come with tinted windows.

I still have a 79 Monza Wagon sitting in the weeds that I dropped a 350 in., just haven't had time to get back to it and finish it up. Looks just like a Vega but a different grill.

Kevin

Ahh yes, V8 Monzas. Never seen a wagon but loved the IMSA versions.

http://www.v8monza.com/album/monza-imsa.htm

The factory Monza V8 came with a 262 CID. I had a tubbed out  Monza Sypder with a 350 in it for some time before it scared me & I sold it ... I'll stick to quick motorcycles instead  :huh:

The monza I have came with a factory Buick 3.2 V6. Nice thing about the monzas is you don't have to mess with the tranny tunnel to drop a V-8 in them, they were already tunneled for them. All the Vegas came with the 2.3 in a 1 or 2bbl config or a few with the cosworth. But the monza came with a ton of motor options over the years. thay either had the Vega's 4-cylinder or a 262ci small block V8 (350ci in California), also the Pontiac Iron Duke 2.5l inline four, a 3.2l V6, the Buick 3.8l V6, and the Chevy 305 V8. Funny thing is, the car was designed and built for the Wankel Rotary engine, but it never happened.

Kevin

Hey Kevin ,

That is interesting . I was really in to that stuff in those days & never knew that . Those were fun years . Now it is hard for me to tell what manufacture made the car most of the time .  :)

I got real heavy back into here a while ago. I saw this monza sitting in the weeds, Ask the guy about it, and got it for $25. Took it home nad worked on it off and on in the driveway for months, building it into a drag car. Must have been my midlife crisis or something LOL.

I gave up on that when I came a cross 2 separate deals for a '79 El camino and an '80 El camino. For $500 each. I am driving one while working on getting the other a new motor installed.

Midlife #2 coming up.  :)

Kevin

Thanks everyone! I will try and get some pics of the stripes also, she picked it up while I was out... ;D