Sign in to follow this  
Rodger

UFC 100

Besides Haumana & me , any other watchers ?

YAH BABY!

I love watch grown men beat the tar out of each other  :police:

Hey H ,

It seems we like the same type fighters . I would like Mir to submit Lesner .

Guest fivestar

I've been watching UFC for about 7 yrs or so.  This will be an awesome event.  I won't be watching it live, so please don't post spoiler thread title.  ;D:police:;D I will be watching it tomorrow.

I caught UFC 3 live & have been hooked ever since . I liked Pride much more .. no ground stuff .

I basically like anything with blood  :police:

I started watching (on vintage VHS tapes) back in the day when it was it was a one-night, single elimination, king-of-the-cage stuff. When Shamrock actually looked good, and the Gracie's were teaching the world what BJJ was all about. I knew back then that I was going to be an addict, even before it hit mainstream.

Then again, I'm the type of person who knows nothing about hockey, but would go to games at the Cow Palace (near SF), to watch the 'minors' SF team just to see if there was going to be an all out brawl on the ice. I used to yell from the stands, "Let 'um fight! Let 'um fight!"  To say the least, parents would take their kids and relocate to less 'aggressive' seats laugh2.gif

I assumed to was born on the rock, How long you been there ?

I spent 3-years (93 - 96), but try to go back every once in a while for the awesome food. Especially Crustacean's and Long Life Veggie House in Berkeley.

I hope Mir wins, only because I don't think Lesnar paid his dues to be a champion - and his arrogance in any interviews make him look like a total jerky.

I'm more interested in the GSP fight. Thiago is going to be a tough contender.

I tried to get my animated avatar to work .. is there a secret to doing that ?

my picks ; Mir ( want more thanactually feel he will win )

GSP

Henderson

I think if Mir can stay away from direct punches, he'll just make Lesnar gas out.

I like GSP to win, but Thiago is so tough.

Definitely Henderson.

My avatar is being imported from my website and not loaded directly to the forum server.

I agree , but both were running their mouths & Lesner was WAY more personal . I was watching it on live stream last night & had no volume .. I would love to have heard the crap Lesner said to Mir after the fight . Absolutely no class at all . A wrestling type villain  ( everything Dana White had tried to keep out of the UFC ) . I hope to see/hear him when he gets his a$$ handed to him . It is a shame for him to get a title fight when he had a record of 2-1 coming into the Colture fight . He should have had to come thru the ranks like most others ...

... He should have had to come thru the ranks like most others ...

+1

Lesnar maybe tough, but he didn't "earn" his shot at the title. I always expect some level of arrogance with all the fighters, but some just bring it way too much, or are just jerks about the whole thing. One is just as bad as the other, and when it's both, then they total suck as a person.

I don't know if I believe that since Lesnar became champ that the UFC viewership has increased. If I wasn't such a big fan of blood, then I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch the jack@ss that's for sure. I would love to see Arlovski or Silvia come back and beat the crap out of Lesnar. I would love to Lesnar in a fight with Anderson Silva - too bad Silva is in a totally different weight class. Could you imagine Silva getting all twisted up like a pretzel? Who am I kidding - I would be happy to see anyone beat the crap out of Lesnar.  kar.gif I will admit that for a huge guy, he's got some speed, but other than that - there's not style, grace, or finesse is the way he fights.

I'm happy with all the result with exception to the Lesnar/Mir fight. My streaming got dropped right after the GSP fight and after that I couldn't find any stream so I had to just google for the results. (sigh)  Hopefully Dana White won't make us wait too long before playing it on Spike for free.

Guest fivestar

There is always torrent sites.  :police: I watched it this morning.

I lost site after site & then USTREAM had the whole card , but no volume . After the fight , what did Lesner say to Mir while Mir was on the stool ?

Yah Five - Fess up - what did he say to Mir?

Lesnar reminds me a of a schoolyard bully turned thug fish.gif

Guest fivestar

He told Mir "talk all the shit you want now".  Then he goes on to say "I told Mir he had a horseshoe up his ass the first match and I pulled it out and beat him with it."  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks 5 . I read where Mir had said he wanted to prove ( to his daughters ) the big school yard bully didn't win all the time ... reality is they do win most of the time  ;D . Lesner can say he gave the 1rst fight to  Mir , but the stat will stand . The way Lesner smothered Mir by laying very close eliminated Mir's submission chances . It would have been a better fight for me if I was not so biased  ;D

Love MMA!!

Was out of town for a funeral, so I missed it live on PPV, but I was on the computer Sunday morning checking the results.

Always preferred Pride because of the 10 min first round, but UFC seems to be on more....

Did UFC completely do away with Pride? I liked both formats of fighting, K-1 was awesome too.

I guess I basically like any kind of fights that are brutal nuts.gif

H ,

You are funny with the fighting/brutal sports thing  :thumbsup: I think pride was not doing well & got bought by Zuffa ( parent company of UFC ) or something along those lines  . If you take the wrestling part outof the UFC , much better to watch & not as boring . I liked watcing Bob Sapp .. He was such a clown with those mean looks though not enough carido by about a mile .  ;D

Guest round2racing

I just wish UFC would go back to the old way they operated, back in the day of Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Tank Abbott, Dan Severn......

It was no holds barred.  The only rules was no eye-gouging.  They used to deliver multiple blows to the groin and I never understood how those guys got back up.

The blood would fly and there would be puddles in the ring.

THAT was when UFC was UFC.

... THAT was when UFC was UFC.

True that.

There were 2 other rules in the 1rst events , no biting & no fish-hooking ( fingers in the mouth, nose or other orifices strecthing/tearing the skin ) There were no rounds or weight classes either .  :thumbsup: