Sign in to follow this  
lynnpromotions

how to install cutting strip?

I was able to replace the original going the other way. Holy cow! The new one just is too tough right now.

Any suggestions on coercing it in there?

I have stupid question. But what is the cutting strip for. I know the name explains it is used for cutting but what is the application of this?? thanks

the cutting strip is firm enough to keep a good "hardness" so the blade can cut into the vinyl, yet soft enough so that it's forgiving should the blade slice through the vinyl and backing. It won't totally jack the blade or cause the cutting carriage to get stuck and burn out.

At least that's my assumption.

Some of you may have noticed that the cutting strip wants to roll up at the ends after you remove it from the package.  If you iron the cutting strip before putting it in the channel it is easier to install, and it seems to lay flatter once installed.

Ok well its time for me to replace my MH871 cutting strip I see us cutters is carrying them, does anyone have suggestions on how to pull up and replace it,,

Do need adheasive remover or adheasive to replace it?

Thanks and any pictures anyone has to help would be great,,

MMM

The LP strip was just in there with friction. I pulled it up from the end with a pick. Once one edge is up the rest comes out easy. Getting the new one in has never happened. It just wouldn't go.

Well thats not good news,, lol

i am ordering mine tonight,, for the mh871

The LP strip was just in there with friction. I pulled it up from the end with a pick. Once one edge is up the rest comes out easy. Getting the new one in has never happened. It just wouldn't go.

I found by reversing what you did works well, slip far side edge  in at left side of LP, push front side edge in with thumb (yer need big thumb) as you push front edge down your sliding it right keeping back edge going in first.

Also its not just a cutting strip but a cushioning strip as well which seems to be unique to LP, I had to replace it with solid Teflon to cut reflective vinyl with LP.