zerogravityzx2

Signcut x2 software?

We apologize for the delay in shipping of Signcut software. We did receive the software last Thursday and shipped out copies to everyone who was waiting for it the same day. Depending on where you are and mail service in your area you should expect to see that arrive in the next couple days.

Got my copy of it today..., Im in Toledo Ohio.

I am really not impressed with the software tho...

Can you tell us what you do not like about it? I'm sure the Signcut people would like to know so they can improve their product.

I understand that it is basically just a cut program, but There really isnt any designing unless you already have corel draw or adobe, two programs which i have never used... (i did download a trial of adobe once, but never used it for more than converting an AI image to JPG, BMP or EPS format).

I really dont like the fact that when you import an image, it preforms and automatic vectorazation, the image must be of high quality, and anyone that has been in this business, knows that sometimes a high quality design is hard to get from some customers.

Dont get me wrong, maybe I am overlooking alot, i need to get more of a feel for the software before I can actually make a final determination... So far, I probably wont be using it for much, since i have WinPCSign.

For those who don't want to spend their money on CorelDRAW X3 or Adobe Illustrtor we recommend InkScape, which have a real good vecotrization and it is a freeware. The CorelDRAW X3 vectorization is also impressing!

We did not develop a layout tool becasue a majority of users prefer to work in what is state of the art layout tools as those mentioned. It is also convininet to use standard tools as you are not locked in and you can easily share documents with others, such as your customers.

So instead we developed what likely is the most powerful, reliable and easy to use software that can be found. As a result you become able to work efficiently and all of this is offered at the most resonable cost that can be found.

But the tast differs and it is well known that what you are familiar with is what use to be most appreciated. And we know from many years of experience that those who are used to something else, no matter which other software, has a more difficult task to learn SignCut-X2 then those who never before seen it. The reason is that things are expected to work in a way and in SignCut you might not find that feature at all, because the system takes care of a lot of things that you not have to bother about. To begin with such circumstanses seams to create confusion.

But back to the main issue. The vectorization offered int SignCut-X2 creates perfect results as the orignals are perfect, else the result can be very poor. But normally you should import vector images and we reecommend the use of the AI-format.

If you recieve a bitmap-image from a customer you should vectorize and edit it in another software.

Ok, well maybe Ill check InkScape out... But I feel that a product that I am used to is probably the best for me.

I would also like to add that there are two versions of the AI format.It is an Adobe Illustrator format,but most of the cut software will only read the encapsulated post script format of AI.I know I can save a graphic in AI illustrator format and the program won't read it at all,but I can take the same graphic and convert it to the e.p.s. version of the AI format and it reads with no problems.