Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Pictures of my Cigar TV Stand Complete

Guest Schramm

Well it has been done since last Friday but the knobs just got here today so here is the final pics:

post-0-12986539346078_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539346318_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539346682_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539347071_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539389606_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539389783_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539390037_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986539390285_thumb.jpg

That really looks great Rob. :thumbsup:;D I was beginning to wonder if you forgot about posting the finished pics.  ;D

Man, I was really looking forward to this from those pictures you posted before and I have to say I am more impressed with this piece than I thought!  Great work!

As always, I feel just a little bit smaller in the presence of greatness.  ;D

:thumbsup:;D Amazing work as always. Keep it coming. One day I will get a brain storm from your amazing work.

Kevin

Guest Schramm

Belive it or not it is just paint and some well thought out layout.  Nothing that anyone couldnt do with a little practice.  I am actually going to be teaching classes for 12 companies around the US all owned by the same guy.  Foil and furniture are the 2 main things that I will be teaching.  I have wanted to do it forever but finally got a really nice offer and one that I could not refuse.

Rob

Guest round2racing

Wow, Schramm, that is one fine piece of furniture there.

You should do pieces like that and sell them on ebay!!!

Better yet, have them built and sell them at your shop!!

I'd buy one!!

:thumbsup:;D

Nice work. I would hate to put a tv on it and cover up the top of it.

Super job, once again Rob!!!

How exciting about your new offer!!! See even in these tough times, you never know what's around the corner....I'm happy for you!  :thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

Well I am in the process of selling www.foileffects.com to a company that wants to take it over and spread the interest through 12 of his companies.  I have known him for a while and these guys have deeper pockets then I do.  I will be helping them out 100% and we are in the process of setting up classes which I will travel to the location and teach.  Honestly the money is too good to pass up and best of all I just have to show up and teach.  Other then getting there and back I dont have an expense.

I have always thought about teaching but I always thought who would want to hear me talk and show finishes.  I guess now we will see if there are people out there that are willing to pay money, huh!  These guys think that we are going to pack classes I am a little more realistic but who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words about the TV stand, by the way the stand was not designed for a TV to sit on it but insted be mounted above it.

Well I am in the process of selling www.foileffects.com to a company that wants to take it over and spread the interest through 12 of his companies.  I have known him for a while and these guys have deeper pockets then I do.  I will be helping them out 100% and we are in the process of setting up classes which I will travel to the location and teach.  Honestly the money is too good to pass up and best of all I just have to show up and teach.  Other then getting there and back I dont have an expense.

I have always thought about teaching but I always thought who would want to hear me talk and show finishes.  I guess now we will see if there are people out there that are willing to pay money, huh!  These guys think that we are going to pack classes I am a little more realistic but who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words about the TV stand, by the way the stand was not designed for a TV to sit on it but insted be mounted above it.

I have really bad painting skills but if you ever taught a class around Tn. I would definitely come!

I am very happy for you Rob, you deserve it. :thumbsup:;D ;D ;D

So "from trash to treasure" man, you go to "faux finishing guru"

All the best my friend. ;D

Regards Duke.

Guest round2racing

Schramm,

Out of curiousity, did you coat this piece with polyurethane or the equivalent?

If so, did you go over the vinyl?

I have a table I want to do something similar to (thanks to your ingenious ideas), but I am worried about the final steps.

Guest Schramm

Thanks everyone, I really love doing this kind of stuff!

round2racing,

There is NO vinyl on this at all, this is all paint!  As far as sealing it, I apply shellac (2 thin coats), allow to dry, buff with 0000 steel wool and then wax 5 coats.  The finish is that of warm leather or a hand worn antique!

I have a new method that I will be starting soon which is a pour on epoxy that dries using a UV light.  Seriously you can apply the epoxy, run the light over the top of it and sit on it in about 30 seconds!!!  The light costs $1000, $200 for the helmet and $150 per gallon of epoxy.  YIKES!!!

Excellent Work Schramm. ;D Your new process sounds like a really fast version of the Envirotex we used to do. We liked it but it dries real slow. btw I got my books from u yesterday. They are better than I thought they would be. My wife took one look and is in scrapbook border heaven.  ;D

Guest Schramm

WOW that media mail is killer SLOW,  I have another listing for Melonie Royals DVD on how to use decorative masking patterns (machine cut single use stencils) to do designs on walls, ceilings and furniture.  There is 2 dvds listed on ebay about furniture for $40 and if you want to see it go to ebay and type in this Item number: 180369220541

Rob

Rob,

You are an artist among artists! I love seeing your work. It is always so  ;D ! Thanks for making the idea bells go off in my head (and that, on a fairly regular basis!).

Z