THier

Trial version vs Elements vs Pro

I am waiting for my PCut to arrive,, I downloaded the trial version to play with it for a while.

I noticed, there is no registration marks, or line spacing options. Is this because of the trial version? what are the differences between the three versions?

Thanks,

Tom

I believe you have to create your own registration marks in Elements,which isn't hard.

Line spacing is disabled in Elements I think.There is a way to do it. There is another post about it  here.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?topic=1715.0

I  have had  Elements for some time and except for the 2 things you mentioned (which I don't use anyway) I have found ways to do most of the things that are disabled in Elements.

Ok,, Thanks.

BUT

Are there functions that are not in the trial version,, that are in Elements?

Thanks,

Tom

From what I'm seeing (reading) the trial is the older full featured Hot Shot version... if so, that will do WAY more than elements

The Windows98SE/ME/2000/XP Demo Version demonstrates all the features of SignBlazer HotShot release 5.5.62 (note that the current release for sale is 6.0.xx). This is a full working version of the program, except:

when you print or cut there will be lines across your work,

you can't save or export your work.

from their site ;D

" From what I'm seeing (reading) the trial is the older full featured Hot Shot version... if so, that will do WAY more than elements "

is that correct ?  After Ken fixed me up on my Vista computer  :chopper: , i got to try SignBlazer trial out ( it didnt load right on the xp pc & i'll reload when i get it hooked up to the internet again ). I like SignBlazer ALOT . With the manual it's great to be able to have direction instead of trial & error with little experience  . The manual lends itself to beginners , unlike most software/help ( where they assume we at least have an accurate knowledge of what we want to do ;)  The support from SignBlazer here & on their forum is topnotch as is the support from USCutter. i feel like i shold be paying Ken for teaching me how to run my computer .

All this at a bargai price ,

a very HAPPY customer , Rodger Myers

Well it will be a week or two before I can use SBE,, looks like they (FEDEX) used my plotter as a step stool. Per FEDEX not even going to open box, they are returning it, so figure a week back, then a week to get another. Hopefully USC will ship another out right away, and not make me wait for them to get this one. ;)

Tom

it seems FED-EX uses subcontractors also . the subcontractor didnt seem to concerned with the well being of my 2 packages when he delivered them . it sounds like FED-EX called you & let you know what happened . Asking for another cutter sent out before the first one is returned is asking alot . Normal business practice won't allow that in everything i have been involved with . It is tough waiting !!! That i know . hope things work out swiftly

regards , Rodger

it seems FED-EX uses subcontractors also . the subcontractor didnt seem to concerned with the well being of my 2 packages when he delivered them . it sounds like FED-EX called you & let you know what happened . Asking for another cutter sent out before the first one is returned is asking alot . Normal business practice won't allow that in everything i have been involved with . It is tough waiting !!! That i know . hope things work out swiftly

regards , Rodger

Oh no they delivered it,, and left it that way.  I called them. I half wanted to open and inspect it,, as I can reach in on of the tears and touch the machine. FEDEX said do not open it. I am hoping that with the tracking # USC will turn one around.

Oh well,

Tom

A while back I ordered a 48 inch roll of application tape, cut to my specs. AS always, I follow the shipment through FedEx. On the day of delivery,the site was saying 'damaged in shipment,returned to sender'. Well, the sender imediately shipped another roll,based on the fact that the old damaged was in FedEx posession.

What I like to do is BE HERE and refuse delivery if the package is damaged.

The fedEx contractors don't give a crap,and I like to give them a piece of my mind.

On a side note,I've never had a damaged package with UPS...or a changed delivery date (common with FedEx). I changed my OWN shipping to UPS about 3 months ago.

WOW , actually touching it & having to ship it back is the worst . i wonder what happens to the cutter in this situation . seems Fed-Ex would keep it & pay the replacement costs .