Sign in to follow this  
force

x3 question

When you are doing a series of signs on a copam 24" they are 11.5 x 6 270 of them do you make the paper size like 24" x how ever long it takes for the signs? Thanks in advance

I'm still a newby here but I think I can answer this. Just set up your cutter with whatever size vinyl your cutting, should have a box that asks for the quantity, put in your number 270 in your case and it should arrange them according to best lay them out. Hit cut and wait. For that many it may be awhile.  ;)

I'll be interest in seeing the replies on setting the length on larger quantity cuts.

From my experience you should be able to set it larger than the total needed for the whole job and that would eliminate any breaks in the cut graphics.  I did a long graphic and the length was set to 60" - my graphic was tiled during the cutiing process - so I had to adjust the length setting and cut it again since I wanted it in one piece.  Hope this helps.

For the width - I reset mine every time I load vinyl to the measured size on the lcd screen on my copam.  I have had graphics that tried to cut past the edge when I didn't set this right.  What happens is the cut path just runs up to the edge of the area and is interrupted there - the graphic is not complete and is un-useable.

-Mike

BTW I wouldn't cut these all in one batch - I would try groups of 10 and probably cut that 27 times to get the total I needed.  Also try rotating the graphic on the vinyl to see which way gives less waste.

Even though you need 270 of them I would probably cut 10 to 20 at a time.

Thanks Guys that helps alot now I'm having problems with the vinyl tracking so I will do a lesser amount

cut on Gary

On my Copam  load the vinyl and use the perforations along the edges to line up with the cutoff slot.  Obviously a matching pair of perfs are straight across from each other.  I can usually get it straighter than just using one edge against the lineup marks on top and front of machine.

-Mike