Sign in to follow this  
bayshorecreations

Refine with Flexi Question

I am running a Refine plotter with Flexi 8.6 I set it up with the PNC100 profile but here is my dilemma, I cannot cut anything over 18.5 inches wide. I guess that is the max cutting area for the PNC100?

Is there a way for me to change this? I would like to be able to use the full 24 inch cutting capabilities that this cutter has.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

In flexi 8.1 when the cutter screen comes up you can manually set your media width.  I am running the PNC1000 driver with a 34" refine with no problems.

Ok so this may be different because of different versions of flexi.......but right above where you define the size on mine there is a dropdown.....you can change that dropdown to "user defined" which allows me to set it to whatever I want.  Do you have anything like this?

In flexi 8.1 when the cutter screen comes up you can manually set your media width.  I am running the PNC1000 driver with a 34" refine with no problems.

Tlzimmerman,

How does Flexi 8.1 compare with Starblazer and did it come with an instruction manual?  I have been wanting to order it but wanted more information from someone using the program. :thumbsup:

Flexi 8.1 is more complicated than signblazer......in my opinion.  Took me awhile to like it more, but once i got use to it I can get a better cut and it gives me a little more control over the cutter.  Both do the same thing though really in reality.  I don't use either for design, I do that in inkscape, so that part of the program is not important to me.

i have a question for you... im using 8.6 as well i have a mh721 im using the pnc1000,com1,9600 and its on the usb port... when i send the job the "job status" says ready then done.. and nothing happens can you help me please? thanx

If you just download the upgraded output drivers you can use the proper driver for your cutter instead of doing it improperly with the PNC driver.

Roland driver works fine for me.. if it ain't broke, I leave it alone. Proper is what works.

Yea, not really sure why it would be improper if it works.....    ;)

Funny world.