Guest fivestar

I made the news

Guest fivestar

Our sheriff got "booted" yesterday from office and I was there for the news conference.  The was about 10 news crews there and they all interviewed me.  :rolleyes::D :D I am the guy at exactly 1 minute into the video.  http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html?referralObject=5260013  My wife is also in the interview, she's at 1 minute 37 seconds.  :D:);D

I wished they'd play the whole damn interview of mine, they always take things out of context.  My interview was actually around 2-3 minutes with this news report and they only played a snipit.  I actually told them that there has to be alot more to it then what they busted him for.

Wooo hoooooooo we have a star in our mist!  :D  I'm surprised you didn't have some adveritising for your business while you were on there...shame on you!  :D

Something sounds shady about that sheriff!  :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing.

I would never have recognized you. I love what you said though.

Guest fivestar

Wooo hoooooooo we have a star in our mist!  :D  I'm surprised you didn't have some adveritising for your business while you were on there...shame on you!  :P

Something sounds shady about that sheriff!  :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing.

Oh I tried to get some advertising, I told them that my wife and I own The Flower Boxx here in Caldwell and the shirt I had on is one for my business, Skin's Computers and Graphics.

Our sheriff got "booted" yesterday from office and I was there for the news conference.  The was about 10 news crews there and they all interviewed me.  :D :D :) I am the guy at exactly 1 minute into the video.  http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html?referralObject=5260013  My wife is also in the interview, she's at 1 minute 37 seconds.  ;D:);D

I wished they'd play the whole damn interview of mine, they always take things out of context.  My interview was actually around 2-3 minutes with this news report and they only played a snipit.  I actually told them that there has to be alot more to it then what they busted him for.

Yeah John, I'm not afraid to speak my mind even on TV.  ;D ;D ;D

oooo!  You's a handsome devil ain't ye?

Tongue

:rolleyes::D :D

Well, you got your 15 seconds of fame... or is that suppose to be 15 minutes.   :D

The text needs to be bigger on your shirt, that way when CNN interviews you you'll get your free advertising.

Well darn it, they cut out that part!  :rolleyes:

Well atleast anyone near you heard it, unfortunately the rest of us didn't!

Guest fivestar
oooo!  You's a handsome devil ain't ye?

Tongue

:rolleyes::D :D

Well, you got your 15 seconds of fame... or is that suppose to be 15 minutes.   :D

The text needs to be bigger on your shirt, that way when CNN interviews you you'll get your free advertising.

At first I damanded Shepard Smith from Fox News.  I told them I was going to give an exclusive to him.  Well he didn't show  :'(  ;D ;D :) I really did tell that one reporter that, jokingly of course.

I was at work and didn't know a thing about it until ONN News vehicle pulled up in front of our store, my daughter wanted me to make a banner and hold it behind the prosecutors and I thought I better not.  ;D ;D ;D

Oh heck you should of, what is the worst that could of happened??  :rolleyes:

Guest fivestar

Now here, you want to see a perfect example of how the news twists things.  There was 6 tv crews on this interview here and some "big city" reporter ask me some dumbass question, I honestly can't remember what the question was, but I looked at him the he was stupid and said "we may be hillbillies, but we're not plumdumb".  It had nothing to do with the question I responded to in the first part of this interview, you can actually hear how it was edited.  http://www.whiznews.com/video.php?articleId=25931

That really pissed me off, I think I am going to write an email to them.

geez, they definitely did some twisting around!

WHIZ News !!??!!  :D Even the name implies you have to be smart to understand - What would worry me is the one lady who said that "the voters should have the right to take you out".  Wouldn't that be considered a crime too? Look at it this way the sheriff is teaching them a trade (maintenance & chores), but not sign making.  :rolleyes:

Guest fivestar

WHIZ News !!??!!  :D Even the name implies you have to be smart to understand - What would worry me is the one lady who said that "the voters should have the right to take you out".  Wouldn't that be considered a crime too? Look at it this way the sheriff is teaching them a trade (maintenance & chores), but not sign making.  :rolleyes:

No what she meant was vote him out in an election.  We all knew how he was, he used the sheriff's car for personal business all the time, hell I don't think he owns a personal vehicle.  He did have inmates go to his house and help out with "chores", but what he did was always asked if they wanted to go, you know get them out of the slammer for awhile and get some "fresh air".  He never made anyone go if they didn't want too.

I can tell you one thing, he was the best sheriff around here by far.

No what she meant was vote him out in an election.

I know what she meant, I was just kidding.

It is a shame to see the media sensationalize stories just to get you to watch. I think the fact that he was there for 37 years says something about the good job he did. If it took the media 37 years to find out he was using the car, what does that say about the media? How many times has he been sensationalized in the media for the good he did?

Five, I'm glad to hear he was a good sheriff, because in some of that news cast, they make him seem that way....I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it comes to news reporting.  :rolleyes:

Guest kenya

hey five ur a handsome dude. lol and u sound so intelligent ya know.  :D

+1

Yes, brains & good looks too  :rolleyes:

Guest fivestar

+1

Yes, brains & good looks too  :rolleyes:

Awwwww.......shucks I'm blushing....... :D:);D........but I'm sure you guys are being sarcastic.

well u outta know me better than that. it's the truth, and i'm sure u have heard it before my dear.

I believe that a sheriff using the county car for personal business is not an issue, as the job is a 24/7 job. 

The sheriff is an elected official not just an employee of the county.

If he/she uses the vehicle to go for groceries, if a crime takes place at the grocery store, one would be more prepared to deal with the issue, rather than now needing to go either home or to work, to proceed with the law enforcement responsibilities.

D