odokie

can not open the out put device. Error initializing cutter

I have set up my cutter, when trying to make my first cut from my Sign Blazer program I get a  "can not open the out put device. Error initializing cutter" warning. what have I done wrong?                             

Your setting are probably wrong. Make sure that you have the right com port.Make sure that the baud rate on the cutter and in the settings is the same. Try com port 1,then 2,etc until one works.

Find out which COM port is set for the USB in your device manager under the ports category, then set that in SignBlazer with the drop down menu, and make sure the Baud rate matches with the cutter and the software.

OK here i am still not being able to figur this out.  I have come to the conclusion it is because I am using a lap top. I only have 2 USB ports. I do not have a communications port to do the Disable option as it shows in the user manual.  So I decide to use my desktop, well I cant install the program or 2 computers, so I dont know what to do there.  is there a way to use my laptop? or is there a way to install on my other computer?  I am going crazy... :'(

download the trial version to your desktop.Make sure it works,and that the laptop is the problem.

THEN, while connected to the internet on the laptop,UNINSTALL signblazer. Reinstall on the desktop,and you should receive a new activation code. It is important that you be connected to the internet when uninstalling,so that the folks at SB know that you have done it.

You should be able to install onto your desktop and run as a trial version. The trial version is fully functional so you can test to see if it works with your cutter from your desktop.

If you then want to activate the software on your desktop send me a private message and I will reset your serial number so that you can do that.

Have you seen this post:

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=1602.0

It may help.

:Dthanks for all the info.  I will give this a try, might not be able to get back for a day or two.  I will let you know!

I had a similar issue with the USB and setting it to Com 2 on my laptop.  I went into the setup screen on the laptop and disabled the infrared port, which I never use.  That freed up Com 2 and I was able to set the USB to Com2 and SignBlazer likes it just fine now.  Depending on your laptop and what features you use on it, you might want to disable the internal modem and that would also free up either Com 1 or Com 2.

Thanks Jeff, gave it a try, it was a no go.  so I guess I am going to give the desktop a try.  There is 1 large problem, it does not read the CD that came for the download, It will read others but there are some kinds it wont.  Is there any way I will be able to download the whole Signblazer Elements on-line? not just the trial version?  I am not doing to good with this... :'(

I went ahead and downloaded the trial version on my desk top and I am getting the same Error warning on Direct??  If I switch it over to Use Cut Manager it puts it in a file and then nothing happens.  Is it me or the Cutter???  HELP  :'(

Thanks Ken for the reply. When I got home you have left for the day...My brother is coming over tonight to take a look, he knows more about this then me.  If he cant get it going I will try to get home earlier tomorrow and give you a call.  I am starting to think I have a dud.  What are my warranty options?  I am very fustrated.

When you get me on the phone, I will get it working or know for sure if in fact it is a dud. Worst case scenario- we may need to send you a part, but I would like to give it a go first.

;D ken got me up and goind in no time!  he knows his stuff!!  I was getting so fustrated, all I needed was alittle tweek to the computer.  Ken your awsome!!

Ken, I have removed signblaster from my laptop (I was oninne) but the activation code is coming up as invalid on my desk top.  What should I do to the this activated on my desktop since it is going to be the computer that I use for my cutter?

thanks, Mary Ann ;D