Sign in to follow this  
rex

cant make a circle

in inkscape, i follow the instructions in thetutorial on how to make a circle, but i must be doingsomething wrong, no matter what i do all i get is a rectangle,, ive played around with the bounding box and no matter what i do all i get is a square, and nothing will bring the square in to form a circle,, i must be missing something,,,,,,i know im gonna feel real dumb :thumbsup:, i been trying to get this for a week now and finally gave up and asked :-any help is appreciated, thanks

i know which tool,also shortcut keys, i may not have been very clear, i select the tool, but it acts just like the rctangle tool,instead of a circle i get a box,and clicking on the handles and dragging it to make a circle it still justs makes a box,,i even had a computer geek kid at work try to show me what im doin wrong, and he couldnt get it either,,,,feeling dumber every day, ha ha

Right click on the Shape tool and see if it lets you select between Circle or Square....

yes i tried the tool ;D, i tried for days and got so p**** i uninstalled the program, then went to a different download site and redownloaded,,works like a charm now, was just a bad download

thanks guys