Sign in to follow this  
bkoke

can someone fill me in about SignBlazer

Can someone fill me in on what's going on with signBlazer?  I'm interested in up grading my Elements version with something that I can actually use all the commands....I don't know if I should stick with SignBlazer (which i really like) or buy another program...

Please help me out,  Thanks

Bill

I know the trial version doesn't limit you in use except for the countdown when first starting.  I just leave mine running all day when I use it.  But I am curious as to the future of the updated company - or campanies which will take over developing and issuing registration numbers.  What has anybody heard lately?

-Mike

Just what is in the SB section . Development is supposed to be in progress from the entities left over after Jerry passed & the legal battle started over technical issue ownership ( the legal issue has been settled according to the person who has more insight ) .

I know the trial version doesn't limit you in use except for the countdown when first starting.

What does this mean?:thumbsup: I'm new to Signblazer.

New Moon Graphics

Some downloads of SBE have some sort of countdown when opening it . Most have 3 or 5 screens that you can click thru . After that everything is the same as when you could register the software . Thumbs up  :thumbsup:  :D

Mine has a Tip of the day that comes up when I launch- then it will pause before allowing you to enter trial mode.  The pause grows by 1 count each time you start the program.

If there is a way to get around this I would love to know it.  Otherwise I just launch and leave it running.

-Mike

I'm not sure which download I have . I think you may want to download SBE again from the USC site & or their E-Bay auctions . That is what I did & after cancelling the update thingy , I click 3 X's to get to the design screen .

Thanks Rodger - I only got signblazer last month from the uscutter download - I'll try downloading from one of hte auctions and see if that is a different version.

--Mike

You are welcome Mike . I had 2 downloads of SBE on this pc 1 time . Thinking about it , I am fairly sure I downloaded from the USC E-Bay auction last time .  :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow today. My question is, does the Trial Version of Signblazer ever expire?

New Moon Graphics

No . There may be a time when it won't work on a new computer /OS ... but as many VERY cheap older pc for sale , probably never an issue .

I don't know if this will help you guys out at all but I use windows explore to go locate my SBD file and then double click on the file to open up SB (elements) instead of going straight to SB and opening it up blank. It seems to bypass the update and any pauses...

Re: can someone fill me in about SignBlazer

Wouldn't we all!  With the death of Jerry Bonham the company that provided licenses doesn't exist any more.  Enjoy the demo - OR -  Wait for the reorganization of a company to sell and support the program - rumors of something happening "real soon now" are pretty long in the tooth.  I hope it materializes.  As for me I will keep using SBE.  I also just bought a copy of VMP 2.95 (Vinylmaster Pro)  Remains to bee seen if I like it better or not.

-Mike

Mike said it exactly as it is  ;D

edit : I would like to buy or get  the Hotshot or Pro versions also . I have looked on the net & can't find any to buy ( not that I would spend much especially since Elements does a great job ) . If a copy of HotShot or Pro is found , would they work or do they have to be registered  ;D At this point , I don't think any legal issue would be involved if a source of " copies " was found .

I have looked at some of the other "Starter" versions of software and compared to them I think SignBlazer has a lot more features. I have both Elements and Hotshot versions of Signblazer and I can typically do anything I want in the Elements version.