latitude42

Domain hosting... who do you use & why

A question for those who have web sites, what hosting service do you use & a little bit of why...

My last web site experience was a total wreck & I wish to have this one be a bit better, so a little research is necessary.

Thank you,

Larry C

I went through several host all where jerks poor customer service.

When I first started I wanted to use a local company thinking I would get good service but no luck.

I then found out about http://getstacked.com without a dought the best customer service around.

Any time I have a problem installing something or just need a question answered I email Scott there and I get an answer right away If I am having a software issue he will just fix the issue for me.

I have been with them for 4 years now and plan on staying there.

If you don't need any hand holding then 1 and 1 is inexpensive and you get a lot for the price.

If you want American customer service then Go Daddy.

If you want plug'n'play for a price then use Yahoo!

We use both GoDaddy and 1 and 1. Go Daddy is a better service and product but much more expensive.

goDaddy for one, Mictosoft for one. Microsoft support was excellent the only time I needed it.

Guest sciondrgn

I use godaddy, host multiple sites with no issues,

Stay away from IXwebhosting if you run across them

I have my sites on 1and1.  Their phone support has a language barrier, but I will say that their email support is excellent and what I use all the time.  Its inexpensive and pretty good as far as speeds are concerned, so I am pretty happy with them overall.

If I had it to do over again I would probably use Bluehost.....know several people who have their service and love it.  I would switch but i have about 10 websites with my 5 dollar a month 1and1 account, and their service works good for me and i barely touch my traffic boundaries, so Its too much of a hassel to change.

I have had a bad experience with godaddy customer service......and I did not like their tools at all personally, so I moved away from them and am much happier.  IMO there are better and cheaper services out there, but most people do get along fine with them.

Guest YHC

I have used Go-Daddy which has been OK. I think they would be better is their user interface and site wasn't so scattered looking. Its easy to get lost in their site.

I for one have had the best luck and service with X9hosting.com. They have a fast support response system and very nice support staff. I have not had any issue with my site being down yet and have had two sites running on their servers for three years now.

I register Domains through Godaddy and Host on My own Server in my house. I can run 3 or 4 sites now without too much problem. If I get mush more than that it gets a little slow. But it costs me nothing except power each month.

Kevin

Guest YHC

I register Domains through Godaddy and Host on My own Server in my house. I can run 3 or 4 sites now without too much problem. If I get mush more than that it gets a little slow. But it costs me nothing except power each month.

Kevin

Thats pretty cool Kevin :thumbsup:

I don't have a good enough PC to make a server but, I have thought of doing the same thing at some point.

I myself use GoDaddy for my domain manes and host everything with Hostgator.com They are cheap, customer service is excellent, and best of all, in 2 years I went down once for about 10 minuntes. Well, the main site/s were working but the SQL servers had to be rebooted so all my forums and anything that was running an SQL database were down for about ten minutes.

I have use alot of hosting companys but so far hostgator has been the best so far for me.

I would really love to set up a home server but I am only on DSL so the speeds are not there for my likings right now.

Homeservers are great and all, but my entier hosting package of 1.2 tearbytes of transfer a month 1300 email addresses and all the storage involved, 120 gigs of space and 25 sql databases costs me less per month than a static IP would be to run my own server, let alone maintenance time and electricity costs for a nice server, and I would need to upgrade internet plans to boot.  Its tough to beat $5 a month for all that.  Like I said a Static IP costs me 10 and I work for the ISP lol.

I myself use GoDaddy for my domain manes and host everything with Hostgator.com They are cheap, customer service is excellent, and best of all, in 2 years I went down once for about 10 minuntes. Well, the main site/s were working but the SQL servers had to be rebooted so all my forums and anything that was running an SQL database were down for about ten minutes.

I have use alot of hosting companys but so far hostgator has been the best so far for me.

I would really love to set up a home server but I am only on DSL so the speeds are not there for my likings right now.

Ditto, hostgator ROCKS.

I just hostmonster, which i think is the same as bluehost, and I have had no problems at all. I've never had to deal with customer service, so I don't know how they are in that department. They have a lot of tools and very VERY useful information as far as evaluating site traffic etc..

well darn, I'm looking for a home and hostgator does not support windows...so far bluehost looks to be the best.

Renee

I use 1 and 1. They have always been able to answer my questions on the phone, but they are an overseas company...