Sign in to follow this  
txbro

flexistarter vs signblazer?? help!

Hey guys! newbie here.

I got my USC 871 last week, and i have been having a world of heck with SignBlazer. No matter what i do with my .eps files, they wont show up on the "cutter" screen..just on the modify "finish" screen. i have read on here lurking for a few weeks and it seems alot of people are having issues importing .eps files with the SB program.

i run vista, and anything i draw/type in SB shows up and cuts.. but my issue is loading ANY .eps file. I have even vectored files physically in SB, then removed the .BMP image and it STILL won't show up on the plot screen.

is the flexistarter that USC sells any better (user friendly) than this SB program? I have tons of .eps files created from Adobe Illustrator CS3 and it's worthless if SB won't plot them.

all i get that shows up on my plot screen is a tiny blue square with the number 1 in the little box located on the bottom left corner. now if i remove everything from the pink square in the design table, then type generic text in the pink box, it will show up on the plot screen.

help please!

if anyone thinks it's wise and more user friendly to use FlexiStarter, please say so  :thumbsup:

edit: i don't know if this should have been posted in the SB forum or the Flexi..  :thumbsup:

I have been in this business for awhile...........before computers. and have found flexi-pro to be a very good program.... I am sure flexi starter would be a great cutting program.....and will work with alot of formats as far as Importing them into flexi.......

Since you already have a program to design things in (Illustrator), I don't think you can go wrong with FlexiStarter.  I use Flexistarter myself (purchased through USC off ebay - $99) and love it.

thanks for the quick responses guys!

i am thinking i will go ahead and just get the flexistarter.. just cause i will be importing alot of stuff from AI.  :thumbsup:

& as said already Flexi-Starter is $99 from USC . A cheap experiement & you have a back-up software  :thumbsup: I think SignCut is the best cut software . Sounds like all your designing is done . I think USC sells SignCut for $75 . You can put a weed line anywhere you want vertical & horizontal with SignCut . There is a free trial .