routesmith

Pearls of wisdom....

Pearls of wisdom from the most unlikely candidate.... if you are cutting and your program keeps hanging at different places, replace the friggin usb cord with a nice new belkin one... actually if you are reading this and are using usb, stop cutting now, go to staples get a belden USB cable (yes its probably $20 but get off your wallet) come home, install it and continue cutting for a long time to come before you are trying to cut a lot of heat press and waste 10 feet because your usb cable is bad... not that.....I DID that..

Im just saying take precautionary action in case you would be cutting expensive heat press and f' up 10 feet of this expensive commodity.

again it didnt happen to me....quit looking at me that way!!

Wayne

You don't have to buy a name brand cable.  Any generic one from monoprice would be more than adequate.  If you do want buy retail I'll let you in on a secret.  All of the house branded cables are actually made by the same company as what ever the name brand cable they carry.  All Staples cables, for example, are made by Belkin.  If you are ever in a Staples store when they are putting out cables or surge protectors you will see that all of the "Staples" brand products come in a Belkin box.  Same goes for their printable labels.  The generic is actually made by Avery. 

lol I ran my refine with a usb cable that I paid $1 for at the dollar tree,never any problems,exept for the vibration shaking the cable lose at the cutter end,just enough to drop the connection. I attribute this to the cutter connection,not the cable. A bit of duct tape soon sorted it out.

lol I ran my refine with a usb cable that I paid $1 for at the dollar tree,never any problems,exept for the vibration shaking the cable lose at the cutter end,just enough to drop the connection. I attribute this to the cutter connection,not the cable. A bit of duct tape soon sorted it out.

B) Ya! - Dollar Tree!  ;D

Guest sciondrgn

I know I had issues with the USB cable that came with it.  It would be cutting and it would like hiccup for a second and slice through a letter or something.. essentially not lifting when it should and I replaced it with the USB cable that came with my Epson printer and it works fine now B)

Great Advice wish i had it a year ago... a year ago i got so fed up with my mh1351, it keep shuttin down on long runs and i just kept wasting so much material! The final straw was when i was working with reflective, the damn machine stopped and and that was the last of the reflective material i had to complete the job,thats when i pulled out the old allen datagraph, the ak47 of vinyl cutters. and put the new 50 inch in the storage room. So i pulled it out last week determined to make it work, new serial card still nothin!! LIGHTBULB moment, I took the usb cable off my cannon fax machine and bingo, this baby is rockin and rollin.

So anybody thats having problems with their refine mh1351 one solution would to be to replace your usb cable it worked wonders for me...

PS you should rename this post HAVING PROBLEMS TRY REPLACING YOUR USB CABLE BECAUSE THE ONE THEY SENT WITH THE MACHINE IS JUNK!!!

I also downloaded this driver from the uscutter.com homepage:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=22&nav=0,1

thanks, guys  i thought it was static, giving me problems but now i am wondering,, for my mh 871

MMM

Sandy Jo, have you installed the 4 mb memory chip in your cutter? I bought mine, but haven't installed it yet. I'm hoping it helps on long runs.Sandy

Hey sandy good to hear from ya,,

nope,, i havent,, I got my new cutter that came with a 4mb,,  so i did nt grab one,, is should tho,, Let me know if you get yours in! Or are you gonna wait so we can figure it out together,, lol

MMM :thumbsup:

I'm confused here....You bought your 871 before I bought mine and your's came with the chip ? Jeez! Maybe mine already has one too... I just haven't been brave enough to take the cover off the machine to install it yet.I just bought mine in Jan. of this year. I wonder when they started putting in the larger memory?Sandy

no sandy,, my 871 came with the same chip yours did,, but my new one, eagle ultraforce came witha  4 mg chip.

I should still get one for the 871 sorry to confuse you sandy,

MMM

I see. Then I didn't waste my 20.00. lol  I'm really not sure why I need the chip anyway.Is it supposed to make long cuts better? Sandy

Sandy ,, YOu will need this for long runs,, and i need to get one for me 871..

A great investment,,

MMM