hippiesld

Laser Point Cuts Never Close! + Many Other Product Quality Issues!

I bought a 24" Laser Point cutter a while ago and have had repeated issues with it since I bought it.

Issue #1:

When I received the cutter I could hear some thing rattling around in it. Upon further investigation I found that the large chip on the mother board had fallen out and was rattling around inside. Re inserted the chip put it back together, and every thing worked fine.

Issue # 2:

After a couple of months it was cutting horribly upon further inspection I noticed play in the belt. Following instructions found on here I pulled off the left side cover and attempted to adjust the belt tension.  This did not help at all. I opened up the right side cover and noticed that the nuts holding the motor had loosened. Re tightened and this fixed the problem.

Issue # 3:

Now I cant get cuts to close no matter what I do. Ive adjusted offset, changed pressure, speed, checked for loose rollers, etc....

There seems to be play in the cutting head and all the screws and every thing are tight. It is not alot of play by any means maybe 1/32" at most. Would this be enough to cause cuts not to close.

I feel like I have tried every thing and nothing fixes this problem.

Man I wish I could help because that has to be the best complaint requesting help post on this site.

I never dropped it. Though there was a small dent in the top cover when I received it.

Now it barely cuts on the left side of the material.

The blade holder seems to work fine. Although it was a pain to install when I first received the cutter.

It seems the more I use the cutter the more problems it develops.

does your blade rotate inside the holder? have you replaced the blade yet?

Yes on both! Brand new blade actually.