Guest fivestar

Time to move on

Guest fivestar

Well friends it's time for me to move on.  Move on to a Graphtec ce5000-60 that is.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D My refines are great machines, but I felt it was time to take my business to the next level so I just purchased the Graphtec ce5000-60 I'm so pumped about getting this unit as I have heard nothing but excellent things about it.

I am going to be needing to contour cut some things in the near future and thought now was the perfect time for me to "take the leap" and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Of course I bought it from US Cutter, where else would someone even check.

Guest fivestar

Yup procrastinated (sp) long enough.  Actually isn't Graphtec running a special right now?  Get an extra year warranty on the CE series for free.  I seen that at their site.

Guest fivestar

Oh I'm not getting rid of my Refine's they will just be backups/road show machines.  One of them isn't cutting the best in the world right now though, so I got it "off to the side" until things slow down and I can take it apart.

My other Refine still cuts great, just I knew it was time for me to purchase a machine that would contour cut fairly easy and the graphtec ce5000 was my choice.  I "almost" went with the fc7000 series.  But couldn't justify the extra $$$$$ to myself for it.

Congratulations!  Welcome to the club.

Having the ability to contour cut and weed JPSS like vinyl is really nice.  What are you planning on needing the contour cutting for? 

If you are doing any JPSS stuff, get the 11x17 paper so you'll have plenty of room for your registration marks. I can usually put at least two graphics on a page and sometimes more, but having the larger pages really helps cut down on time and problems because you'll need about .5" outside the registration marks and about an inch or more on the bottom of the page to get those marks reading consistently. 

Guest fivestar

Having the ability to contour cut and weed JPSS like vinyl is really nice.  What are you planning on needing the contour cutting for? 

If you are doing any JPSS stuff, get the 11x17 paper so you'll have plenty of room for your registration marks. I can usually put at least two graphics on a page and sometimes more, but having the larger pages really helps cut down on time and problems because you'll need about .5" outside the registration marks and about an inch or more on the bottom of the page to get those marks reading consistently. 

That's exactly why I am needing contour cutting.  Thanks for the tip on paper size.

ohhhh Five! you lucky dog! I want one too...lol. Let us know how it works for you with pictures please!!! I'm jealous!

Renee

Oh don't worry there will be pics and a "review".  :thumbsup:;D:) I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas.

Congrats on the purchase, David.

Can't wait to read your write-up on the machine... it may force me to upgrade as well.

( 5 ,  take you temp before & after reading this  )

5 , 5 , 5 ..... You know snob forbid you to buy a Graphtec  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Rodger you crack me up.  I'm so stoked about getting this new machine that I don't even think knobjob could bring me down.  :thumbsup:;D:)

That's exactly why I am needing contour cutting.  Thanks for the tip on paper size.

Well, we already know you prefer big!  :thumbsup:

I'd never probably have thought of using the full sheets to cut down on waste if you hadn't already shown me the way with Multicut.

Congradulations on the new cutter 5 !

snob was never smart enough to really get you angry , just enough to make it fun blasting him & you did a FINE job at that  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Difference between the ce5000 and fc7000?

I don't know all the differences, but the fc7000 has gauranteed tracking of 50 ft. more speed and force, a longer warranty and a nice recieving basket.  I'm sure there are other differences, but right now it looks like if you buy a ce5000 or fc8000 between now and April 30th you recieve additional 1yr warranty and possible $100.00 or $200.00 gift certificate to use from GraphTec's online accessory store.  http://www.graphtecamerica.com/2009-EndUser-Promo.html

Not 100% sure on this though.

Geez Five, you just HAD to title it that way didn't ya?  Enough to scare some people.  :thumbsup:

But after reading it, I'm glad to hear it's just you decided to upgrade your cutter!! CONGRATS!

damn, u know i am hating on u right now. lmao! good for u five. man, that's really gonna help u and me step up our game friend. hehe. one day i will grow up to be just like u.

CONGRATULATIONS! i can't wait for u to get it.

Congrats on the new purchase five!  One of these days (if the economy improves a bit), I will be joining you on getting a Graphtec to add to my current setup.

Guest fivestar

I can't wait for you to get it so I can ask you questions about how to operate mine better.

Just start hitting buttons until something happens.  :thumbsup:;D:)

Congrats on the new cutter five. I was just looking at those last night (only looking for now since I need to wait to upgrade). A sign catalog I was looking in wanted the MSRP which is $500 more then UScutter :thumbsup:. Looks like an awesome machine though.

FC's have more downforce than the CE's, and the FC stands have a catch basket, whereas the CE stands do not. FC's cost alot more too...

Guest gracewriter

Geez Five, you just HAD to title it that way didn't ya?  Enough to scare some people.  :thumbsup:

But after reading it, I'm glad to hear it's just you decided to upgrade your cutter!! CONGRATS!

Me too!