Sign in to follow this  
kentpyper

Youtube Video 24" cutter jeckle/hyde cuts 1 letter fine next same leter HORRID

See my lame youtube video of me trying to explain a little of my problem

I have had this cutter for about 20 days. I have spend about 80 real hours trying to get this cutter to cut correctly.

My cutter is a laserpoint 24"

I have read all the forum posts on how to set your pressure and blade.

I have resorted to starting with barely any blade sticking out where you could run it over vinyl and it barely even scratches it.

I would start with the pressure about 40 and increase it by 5 until i reached 200

I then would rotate the blade screw 1/8 of a turn and start over.

I get most of my success(if you can call it that) when my blade is past credit card depth and pressure at 200(max)

when i get the blade to cut 3 test squares in a row successfully, I then try to print my first name 1 inch high using block letters.

Each letter gets cut different, for example, the top of the horizontal weed line is dashed and the bottom one is perfect. If I print 4 of the same letter

together, 2 will weed just fine and the other two are impossible.

I have slowed down the cutter and sped up the cutter. I am using .25 offset using Sign Blazer. I have 80 t-shirts i need to cut vinyl for this weekend. I thought

if i just spend enough time cutting test squares, adjusting stuff that I would reach the magical setting and experience the success other fellow posters here had.

BTW, i also changed the blade just in case it was the blade. When I do test cuts, 90% of the time there is a tag left on the bottom right corner.

Even with xacto knives and weeding tools, I cannot seem to successfully weed any graphic.

If someone would be willing to call me or write me, chat me, pray for me, I would really appreciate it. I dont know if we can put email addresses on here, if not i am sure the admins will edit this but my email is kent(at)pyper(dot)com     I will check this and my email ALOT tonight if anyone has time to mail me or post here.

I am in a bind......

HI ,

T-shirt vinyl is harder to cut than sign vinyl . I have only done a few T-shirts & only have a Co-Pam cutter , so I'm not alot of help . I  would put your blade out more . I take the holder , press hard on some vinyl & adjust it to where it cuts thru the vinyl . I'm not sure if I have the blade adjusted right as there is always a line in the backing paper ( sign vinyl ) ;D

What software are you using ? ( remember to " mirror " the decal before cutting when using T-shirt vinyl )

( There is a place in your profile to put your e-mail address , so no problem posting it for help ;D )

I use 100 - 120 grams of pressure .

also it seems T-shirt vinyl is harder to weed as the vinyl comes up easier than sign vinyl ( my experience )

Guest fivestar

Kent the video is hard to see for sure, but is your blade holder all the way down?  I thought I seen a pretty good gap between your holder and the vinyl about half way through the video.

I would say there is about 1/8 of an inch between the vinyl and the blade holder when in resting position. This thermal film has a plastic backing, so, its hard to tell if it is out too far because the machine cant cut through the plastic.

I am using 200 pressure, If I use 130 I have to have the blade out further i think.

I tried putting it on speed of 10 and it was super slow, but, if thats what it takes..... I found that on the same horizontal line, there would be cut just right, not cut at all, back to cutting right etc..... how does this happen on the same line, same cutting direction?

Thanks for all your help!

Guest fivestar

Oh if the blade is set right you can cut completely through the mylar backing of t-shirt vinyl, TRUST ME.  ;D ;D ;D I did it once after cutting magnets I forgot to adjust the pressure back to t-shirt vinyl and it went completely through it.

There should be a lip on the blade holder if memory serves me correctly on the LP, that you sit the holder down until it rests on the lip.  I could be wrong on that for the LP but I had one for about a month and I "think" that's how they are.

its funny, not really, kinda depressing, I put the blade WAY OUT and put pressure at 130 and it barely scratched the vinyl...... I dont understand the relationship between blade depth and pressure. i figured that if more blade was sticking out, it should cut deeper using the same or more pressure. This the wrong? I dont think my cutter is giving me constant pressure when cutting. That is why I have "skips" or dashed lines alot. How frustrating. Would upgrading to a co-pam fix this?

I am ready to go out back and end it........ ARG!!@$#$#@#@#

You might want to check and make sure that the cutter head in on track, meaning that the little wheels are in the groove.

If you have a new blade , try the manual depth cutting thing I use & put the pressure at whatever 5 will give shortly ( use his method or John's method if they give it to you for T-shirt vinyl ) . T-shirt vinyl dulls a blade faster & part or all of the problem may be adjustment & depth . ( don't throw away the used blades until you find out what the problem is . You might be able to use them ) .

Tried a new blade, this will be my the third and final blade that came with the machine and I have not cut more than 2 yards of vinyl......  I dont know how long a blade should last but..... I have manually adjusted it by dragging it over the vinyl and make it so it barely cuts.

This did not help the problem. Maybe i need a different blade. I messed arround with manually putting down the blade using the up and down arrow keys on the cutter. when the blade moves from right to left, it leaves a perferated or dotted cut. the rest of the rectangle i made cut fine....

I am off to meet a professional sign cutter at his business to pay him to cut the vinyl I need for these shirts I promised a baseball team last week. I thought I would have this figured out by now, but, for now, I am out of pocket the cost of the cutter, 85 hours of time and vinyl........ I really like the machine, how it looks, the stand etc..... I just need it to cut!!!!!!! HELP!

Make it so it cuts thru to the backing paper ( that is what I do ) & not into the backing paper ... not just barely cutting as you just posted .  ;D

you don't say what type or brand of vinyl you are trying to cut. lift up the top of your cutter and check to see if the cutter head is properly seated on its track, also check the cutter backing strip to make sure it is properly seated all the way across. the blades you have are 45 degree angle blades. i use a 60 degree angle blade for all my cutting.

bb

post-2091-12986534177976_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986534178417_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986534194094_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986534194364_thumb.jpg

Just got back from this sign guy and his 10 year old Roland Cam1 just cut up a storm. He has not ever cut thermal film before, but, he didnt even change any settings, just aligned and sent. Just made me sick inside. Stuff i have been spending 10 minutes or so weeding just pulled up like butter. He came over to my house and tried to get things working and said that my blade was out just right.... He couldn't figure it out after a couple hours of being here.

BTW, I have tried two different materials, Stahls Sign Vinyl and Stahls Thermal Film which you use to do heat transfers to shirts etc....

I want to thank all of you who have given me suggestions. I removed the lid and everything was on track and the bottom piece that it cuts on was also installed properly as far as I can tell.

Guest fivestar

Don't let it make you feel sick inside, once you get your problem corrected yours will cut and weed just like his did.  At least you got your stuff cut and when US Cutter gets back in Monday I'm sure they will figure out your problem and get you squared around.

Believe me your laserpoint will cut as good as that Roland cut.

there is a possibility that something is defective with the cutter pressure controls. maybe a loose connection.

bb

I hope its something I can fix. I thought I read so much about this cutter before I bought it a couple weeks ago..., I mean, im sure only a handfull of people have problems while the masses have a beautiful working machine.

Thanks

I got mine the other day (48")  - only made two cuts so far - and I did have to slice off some of the excess vinyl that was attached to my lettering - I figured it was normal because the lettering was pretty small - both cuts were under 6" x 6", gonna try some bigger stuff tomorrow and see if I have the same issue.

Have you tried buying a different set of blades?

My first cut (today):

154u7h0.jpg

more than that , Ken or levi will have you log into a website where they can take control over your pc & check things out  :thumbsup: .

Dude - seriously,

You said you've spent over 80 hours trying to fix this thing, that is absurd - you should have called after the first few hours.

Time is money. Number is down below

1 888 298 8143

I had the same problem as you - and after a few tweaks I am almost at 100% (same cutter)

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Spoke with you today, and we got you setup with a warranty replacement unit.