Sign in to follow this  
KEGRAFFIX

Carriage Not Moving!

I just set up my new LP and when I went to move the carriage it won't move. I hit online, the X,Y came up and when I hit the arrows it will only move left, not right. The rollers will not move foward and back either. What is going on?  :thumbsup:

Switch off the mains and slowly move the head to the center.

Switch on the mains.

Press 1x RESET button.

Press online 1 x untill XY values are there.

Press 1 x left arrow.

Press 1 x right arrow.

Press 1 x up arrow.

Press 1 x down arrow.

Press 1 x UP key

Press 1 x DN key to check if these other keys are working.

Switch off the mains and slowly move the head to the center.

Switch on the mains.

Press 1x RESET button.

Press online 1 x untill XY values are there.

Press online 1 x untill cutspeed is there.

Check if + and - Key are working

If the head only moves to the left then and all other keys are responiding there is an electronic failure in the keyboard.

If the problem insist contact USCUTTER to solve the mechanical/electrnical issue.

Ken could assist in this.

Regards, Paco

Are any of the feed roller alan screws loose? Spin each feed roller by hand, and determine where it is snagging- could be a loose screw.

Ok I did what CRD said to do and still nothing. It will only move left. I was able to change the cut speed tho. So the + and - buttons do work. I also checked the rollers and they are fine as well. It seems there something wrong with the keyboard.

I just sold my refine (Which never gave me any problems) and really can't afford any more down time. This really bites.  :thumbsup:. For twice as much as my refine I expect things to work.  :thumbsup:

What are my options now?

Ok I'm really frustrated here. I tried calling UScutter to see if I could get some help and to add to the problems I'm already having, I couldnt get anyone to answer the phone. I tried all day with no luck. I spent $600.00 and expected to get a good product, but instead got a useless machine and now I cant get a hold of anyone to help me. This is ridiculous! I put in a ticket for support, so lets see how long that takes.

At this point I just want to send this thing back. I can just tell its going to be nothing but trouble. Maybe exchange it for a 50" refine.

Ok, Is there anyone here that could help me? Im getting no where with UScutter.  I've been trying since tuesday to get help, but with no luck.

will the carriage move manually with the power off?

Just to double check - did you take off the plastic strips attached before shipping?

will the carriage move manually with the power off?

Yes the carriage does move manually with the power off

Just to double check - did you take off the plastic strips attached before shipping?

Yes the plastic strips are off. This isnt my first cutter, but it is the only one that has given me problems. Ive owned 2 refines and a pcut with no problems at all.

Ive just got a reply from uscutter support. That its possible that the connections on the mother board came loose during shipping. To check and see if they are all intact. I will give an update once I check.

:thumbsup: Finally after a week I get a reply from support. They tell me to check the connections on the mother board. I opened it up and found a plug just hanging there. Put it back where it belongs and walaaa! It works! Finally back in business. Now hopefully everything else works fine. Knock on wood!

:thumbsup: Finally after a week I get a reply from support. They tell me to check the connections on the mother board. I opened it up and found a plug just hanging there. Put it back where it belongs and walaaa! It works! Finally back in business. Now hopefully everything else works fine. Knock on wood!

A week? Yikes....we have been fairly caught up this week, so, not sure what happened there.

:P