Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Well I was able to print murals on canvas today - I LOVE IT!!!

fractals 5 software - http://www.ononesoftware.com/tutorials/

Schramm,

Do you know if there is a fractals software plug in for Corel Photopaint or is Adobe Photo Shop the one to really

work with?

I need to find out if that canvas will work in a 48" HP Designjet 800PS Plotter. My brain is going in all different directions  :(  Oh the possibilities...

Peabody

Guest Schramm

fractals 5 software - http://www.ononesoftware.com/tutorials/

Schramm,

Do you know if there is a fractals software plug in for Corel Photopaint or is Adobe Photo Shop the one to really

work with?

I need to find out if that canvas will work in a 48" HP Designjet 800PS Plotter. My brain is going in all different directions  :(  Oh the possibilities...

Peabody

Fractals is only for Adobe, there is one with Corel Plugs it is called PhotoZoom Pro 2, I looked into it but didnt like it as much as fractals but may be great for your applications.

Bayshore,

I looked into that one, and it would work great for applications for most of the people here that just want to print and hang it but for me I need to be able to clear coat it, glaze it, texture on it and crackle it and that stuff would fall apart!!!  The other problem is that there is way too much texture on that one for me, the wallscapes is absolutley smooth in the matt and it has a minimul texture on the suede which is perfect for applications when you want to texture on it as that will help give grip.  In order to know what will work with decorative painting you just have to play.  I mean I didnt just print it and say it is the only one that I found durable enough, I tested a bunch and gave every company the same spill to get free samples, the only one that fit all the torture that I give this is Wall Scapes.

For straight printing, you are right they all will work that you mentioned, there is even a few that are repositionable and that is being tested right now for removable murals or art.

Schramm, the PhotoTex is like a canvas on an adhesive vinyl backer. Prints real nice, sticks good without having to paste it up, can be removed and repositioned, and I believe you can get it up to 10 foot wide. It's not cheap, but you could do a whole wall in one sheet if ya knew somebody with a printer that big.

Guest Schramm

Ok I checked it out and I am going to have them ship me a sample as I have some uses for that.  On the other hand I know no one with a 10' printer but I will let you know that the WallScapes comes from the manufactuer at 10' if you want and they even have 16' (that is just retarded big!).  It is hard to explain but being repositionable is good for some applications in decorative painting but not for what I am working on right now.  The art needs to stay in place and then it gets textured over (mostly around the edges) to look like plaster has fallen off reveling the mural.

Just print the plaster falling off. When I said it was repositionable, it is that, but when it's stuck on, it's there, it ain't going nowhere. You'll see when you get the sample.

Jenn,

Tell me what you want and I can get it done.  I was thinking a panoramic photo of my daughter and her friends that i could fill 1 wall with!  Is that what you are thinking?  Let me know if you really want something done and I can work you out something pretty cheap!

Thanks when I find what she's looking for, I'll get in touch with you.  Thanks again!!

Jenny

Those are awesome!  Too bad we don't live in those days anymore.  With my body type, I would be a hot chick instead of a dumpy broad!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Those are awesome!  Too bad we don't live in those days anymore.  With my body type, I would be a hot chick instead of a dumpy broad!!!!!   :thumbsup:

personally i like, as you put it, "dumpy broads". :thumbsup:

bb

OMG - those are awesome.  Now I will never be satisfied with

"just a cutter".