Sign in to follow this  
airtime grafix

cutter carriage not moving vertically help

can you see if it came off the track?

Check the wheels,,

MMM

When you tell it to cut does it go through the motions? And do you see the band trying to come down at all?

Cycle the power on the cutter and try to cut something and give us feedback on what is happening. Example does it cut part way through the file or nothing at all etc...

i tried powering it off and back on and resetting it. its not having problems moving other than the blade coming up and pushing down. the little blade holder just stays in the middle (of the top and bottom) the carriage itself moves left and right just fine and the rollers move back and forth just fine. it not a problem with the cutting software because it does the same thing when i do the test cut in the machine itself.

Sounds like a hardware problem. I would call Ken in the morning, he may have some ideas. Sorry

425-481-3555

Is the unit grounded? Static electricity could be causing this, or a bad carriage.

Its on the stand and plugged in to a grounded outlet.  Can you please give me a phone number for us cutter. I dont know how to contact them if it is a bad carriage.  Thanks

Depends on whether your MH871 has the USB, Serial, AND Parallel ports (version A) or if it only has the USB and Serial ports (version :thumbsup:.