haumana

Need help making a banner

Hey All - So most of you know that I'm a intermittent hobbyist with my cutter. Still cutting single color, non-contour.

Anyway, as one of my many "side" businesses I help a relative with his business, and we need a banner for an upcoming event on 3/12. I know, I know, it's just around the corner.

Is there anyone out there that can help make a banner for me? I think a 5' x 3' size would work. It'll be text, with four logos. I've attached the logos below. I don't have them in vector, but I do have them in a slightly better resolution.

Anyone? Anyone?  :D

Dang ... I knew I forgot something  :D

post-1552-12986533445119_thumb.png

post-1552-12986533461314_thumb.png

Thats a minimum of 7 colors, you may be able to get fewer if you combine some of the blue shades.  Based on the time spent vectorizing the art, I would probably just sub it out and have it printed full color with the high res logos.

This is my effort to "sub it out."  :D

Is there anyone out there willing to create the banner for me? I'm willing to ditch some of the shades of blue and any shadowing/gradients there are.

If anyone out there is willing, please PM or email me (haumana@808email.com) and let me know how much.

Mahalo!!!

Anyone? Please? My money is just as green as the next . :thumbsup:

Some of the colors can be dumps, and I'll even vectorize it first. I've just never done a banner before, much less something multi-colored. This is too important a banner for me to do a learning curve on.  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

haumana, I would help you out but I'm so busy I don't have any time.  Seriously banners are very very very simple and so is multi-colors.  You can do it, trust me.  We will help you out on here.  I am in the process of doing 20 3'x5' banners right now.

Holy Cow! Thems a lot o'banners.

I've thought about giving it a go myself, but since I haven't even tried to do anything multi-color, I thought I'd be better off leaving it to the professional :thumbsup:)

you got clear tape? and do a wet application and boom your done. Do you have better images I put it thru vector magic and the thermoskin and dr comfort came out distorted. I can help you with that much at least.

Haumana

Go for it! You can do it. If it doesnt look good the first time, do it again. This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn and let go of your fear. Try it. At least try it. I know you can do it. If you have doubts, we will be here.

Come on haumana!

I believe in you!

Guest fivestar

Haumana

Go for it! You can do it. If it doesnt look good the first time, do it again. This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn and let go of your fear. Try it. At least try it. I know you can do it. If you have doubts, we will be here.

Come on haumana!

I believe in you!

+1

watch the vids on how to layer. and we all know that you know how to apply vinyl to something it's truly that easy.

you have alot of friends on here just ask.

tip 1  measure measure oh and measure

it's really easy we have done alot of banners from 2'x3' to 4' x 12' and we just started doing all this stuff just 5 months ago.

you can do it i have faith in you.

Haumana -

The best way to get over your FEAR is to FACE IT!  You helped me get over my fear of Dreamweaver (still learning) and look where I am today! (ok, well I am still at my first page) but you get what I am saying.

FACE YOUR FEARS..it will turn out great!

Dazzel

Another vote for DO IT.  Dive right in, head first.  Even if you screw up, you can always pull the vinyl up and try again.

Not only can you do it but it is a lot of fun too. You'll be wanting to make more after this one. It really is easy, just make sure you measure the layout twice and then apply. Go slow and take your time. Not so sure bout clear app though on a banner w wet app, JoeDirt?? Thought I read somewhere on the forum it won't work. But like the rest said, take it one step at a time and ask lots of questions. I would assume with the cost of shipping to Hawaii you can prob make 2 of them yourself?

Nice work Joe  :)  LOVE the Absolute colors!

Dazzel

If you are in a hurry you can get premade banners at Fellers. I like the 13 oz banners but believe they come in 10 oz too. You can also order the Oracal 651 from them as well. You may also be able to get all the above through US Cutter too, since you are on their side the world  :D??

Just got my two banners. Simply AWESOME!!

Of course you know I missed the part about it being printed, but what a great surprise!! Now I don't need to worry about sticky adhesive or if the guys that will be using the banner are being careful on how they roll it up.

I got a great price, and it was shipped the next day (only because I submitted my order so late in the day).

I'm totally stoked! WooHoo!!

I went to the supply store the other day to got myself some blank banners to 'practice' with, but after getting Bayshore Creations's banners in, I think I'd much rather outsource :thumbsup:)

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to try and make multi-colored decals. Hahahahaha.