Sign in to follow this  

Situation:

I have a person wanting a banner and about 10 Coro signs done in 12 X 18" signs. I quoted the banner at $5.00 sq ft. That barley flew since she paid $50 for a printed one at Kinkos. The banner size is going to be 4' x 4' with a simple OPEN, business hours, and the days, and a phone #.

As for the coro signs, she said the ones she has now she gave $10 each for them, their not Vinyl, but I haven't seen them either.

So, I'm looking to price some Coro signs screen printed (cheaper?). There's no way I can do 10 for that cheap correct?

Opinions please!  :D

I charge 15.00 a pc. in my area for 18 x 24 and people still seem like they don't like that price but everyone else around here charges 25.00 a pc. so I thought 15.00 was a fair price. But I had a guy come to me the other day wanting some 18 x 24 signs made one color two sides but didn't want to pay over 5.00 a pc. and seeing how I hate to turn away business I just can't bring myself to mess with them for 5.00 a pc.

Just one sided with a Variation of Arrows pointing to a direction (shes suppose to give me a count on how many left, etc) Maybe 3 lines of text counting the arrows.

I can't see me messing with it for 5.00 each either, that's really not much profit.

I wouldnt do a 12x18 coro for less than $10, and that would be for a friend.  For anyone else, I wouldnt do it for less than $15.  Thats $5 a sqft for a 12x18, more than fair.

I'd tell her to take a hike.She's looking for something for nothing and will likely screw you over in the end.

I'd tell her to take a hike.She's looking for something for nothing and will likely screw you over in the end.

For the signs I'm thinking that. I'm am going to do the banner. Pretty good profit for me, I work from my home at night, so this is just a hobby. They are friends of my Dad's, hence how they knew I done this type of work.

BannerJohn-Is there an alternate contact to your banner guy? Can't get him to respond to my emails, as I need to order this banner from him.

he is on ebay...look for blank banners...JoMark's banners and more (Sprinter)

Could you possible screen the text on the coroplast then add the arrows in vinyl?

Still not worth setting up one screen for hundred bucks let alone the cleanup for just ten signs.

Stand firm on the vinyl looks better and last longer!

Jeff, sometimes you need to walk away from business. This seems like one of those deals.

Now yesterday i was asked to quote 10 12x18" coro signs 2 sided in black text to a good customer and i priced it way too low because it was either do it low and make some money or they would walk and give someone else the business. I'm happy with putting in 2 hours for them and making my hourly rate for 2 hours after my material costs.

Basically when someone comes to you wanting prices they have gotten previously on ebay and other low ballers simply say i'm sorry but i can't match those prices. I value my prices very well and my time and must be fair to myself and previous customers who have worked with me.

To be honest, i'd ask for a invoice for the coro signs she claims $10.00 on, if she asks why just say this is how i do price matching, nothing against you personally.

Heck, post up a sample of what the signs will look like and let me know if they are double or single and I'll be willing to help you no problem doing these for you and you just need to stakes because shipping with those wouldn't be fun. It depends on how complex they are also.

Jeff, sometimes you need to walk away from business. This seems like one of those deals.

Now yesterday i was asked to quote 10 12x18" coro signs 2 sided in black text to a good customer and i priced it way too low because it was either do it low and make some money or they would walk and give someone else the business. I'm happy with putting in 2 hours for them and making my hourly rate for 2 hours after my material costs.

Basically when someone comes to you wanting prices they have gotten previously on ebay and other low ballers simply say i'm sorry but i can't match those prices. I value my prices very well and my time and must be fair to myself and previous customers who have worked with me.

To be honest, i'd ask for a invoice for the coro signs she claims $10.00 on, if she asks why just say this is how i do price matching, nothing against you personally.

Heck, post up a sample of what the signs will look like and let me know if they are double or single and I'll be willing to help you no problem doing these for you and you just need to stakes because shipping with those wouldn't be fun. It depends on how complex they are also.

I pretty much put off the signs, and just did the banner. It was good easy money, and they are happy!

I pretty much put off the signs, and just did the banner. It was good easy money, and they are happy!

Should have seen if i could give them a whirl, gotta make the customer happy because if they go with you on one thing and someone else on another you'll eventually not get their business again  :rolleyes:

As of right now i charge $11.00 for a Double Sided Coroplast Sign, Single Color with Basic Text!  Also comes with the step stake

Should have seen if i could give them a whirl, gotta make the customer happy because if they go with you on one thing and someone else on another you'll eventually not get their business again  :lol:

I'll make mention to her. I'll see her this weekend probably, they would be 18" x 12" Coro signs. Just business name, along with a sequence of a few arrows pointing in different directions.

Should have seen if i could give them a whirl, gotta make the customer happy because if they go with you on one thing and someone else on another you'll eventually not get their business again  :rolleyes:

I'll make mention to her. I'll see her this weekend probably, they would be 18" x 12" Coro signs. Just business name, along with a sequence of a few arrows pointing in different directions.

Sounds like a breeze then buddy. Pm me once you find out if you want me to do them :lol:

Sounds like a breeze then buddy. Pm me once you find out if you want me to do them :lol:

Will do!

I talked to the lady today John.

See already had the other guy do it for here @ $10.00 a sign. A new sign company in town, he's screen printing them. Oh well..

Always a next time.

I get $22.00 each for coro 18 x 24.  If you can't make a proffit, you might as well go fishing.  At least you can feed your family.  If you get every job, you are selling too cheep.