tony046

signe cut prob

hi i am using signecutx2  inkscape and coraldraw 12my problem is this aim a new to cutting so i play about to get used to the geer i import image from printer and go all the way to the plotter all is well l have dune this many many times with ink scape draw and signe cut at differant times all works ok then after many plots and cuts the image wont go to the plotter it just wont import to plotter when i press cut what i have dune is to send my PC back to an earlier date 1 or 2 days and then every thing is ok again is this a fault in signecut  tony thank u

Hi,

there is absolutely no such connection, it must be a coincident.

When you export from CorelDRAW you should always use the "Send to SignCut-X2"-option situated under the "Application launcher button".

To learn more about export from Inkscape follow this link:

http://www.sc-x2.com/manual/signcut-x2.html

If the setting meaning "Convert text to paths" is not set when sent form Inkscape or CorelDRAW, then you may get an empty file while opening.

As you use the quick link in CorelDRAW you don't have to worry about that, it is set automatically.

When exporting from Inkscape it is a default setting but may have been changed manually?

/ Kjell

It is possible that SigNCut is not seeing the COM port when it stops cutting. I assume you are using the USB cable? Maybe try another connection method like Serial or Parllel

thank all i don't think i explained mu prob correctly when using coral draw i send my drawing to plotter it works ok it plots perfectly well  for several plots then it stops and wont send to plotter when i press cut. If it works ok for the first 4 or 5 plots using[ sent to signcut x2  it means  i am sending it  ok  on the 6 try it wont plot W hen i reboot my pc all is ok it plots away for a couple of plots  and stops again tony     

hi aim using windows xp what i cannot understand is why  i can plot about 4or 5 drawings when i use[ Send to signcut x 2]and then it stops  if i uninstall signcut and reinstall Du u think this might  work  hope u can help tony

when it does that pull down cutter settings and see if still conected to com port  i get that when i start the sign cut program after i start the computer  with a usb conection it is most likely droping the com port

thank u all for your support [ u ar all a great bunch of people and a great site thank u all ] [the clincher  i will try the solutions u have mentioned when it happens again and let u all know how i get on  It is a stupid question but could Hotrodrichie please tell me how to check the settings when i go to SIGNCUT settings i am lost my god i am a ticko sorry tony

turn on your cutter turn on your computer open signcut click on settings click on cutter settings and check your com port all so if you have PE need to start internet before you open signcut

this problem still persists i have found that when signcut drops the port from port 4 to port 3] It goes back to port4 when i reboot my PC  it works OK for a couple of cuts then changes back to port3 again  when i go into cutter settings i cannot find a box for com 4 i have to reboot to get back to com 4  hope this makes some sense  i don't know what to due tony

If you switched to Serial or Parallel, it would not drop the port. Hopefully you have that option available. If not, you could try unplugging the USB cable, then uninstalling all USB Root hubs in your device manager, then rebooting, and once back up, plug the cable back in. This way the root hub drivers are fresh for Windows which may take care of any conflicts.

hi kenimes ime back have i got this rite unplug usb cabil go to  device manager ports(com & lpt) usb serial port (COM4) when i click this i get a window .(.update driver..disable ..ininstall ) when i click uninstall i get window  WARNING YOU AR ABOUT TO UNINSTALL THIS DEVICE FROM YOUR COMPUTER where will i go from here will i uninstall please help  Iam just about to completly give up and throw in the towel tony

The root hubs are in the Universal Serial Bus controllers category. I would uninstall those, and click OK when it gives you the warning. Once they are all uninstalled, reboot the comuter and when it boots back up, it will automatically reinstall those drivers for you.

sorry ken i have uninsulated the roothubs as u suggested but still no luck i see that stormy had a similar prob and u suggest ed to power cycle the cutter would that work for me and if so how du i go about that  the cutter is on test mode[ hoping ]many thanks tony

If the software is in Test Mode, you need to use your purchase ticket to get the 3 year PE through SignCuts web site. Instructions are stickied to the top of the SignCut cagtegory.

You could try unplugging the USB cable, power cycling the cutter, then plugging back in.