Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

Large Coroplast Estimate

Guest kenya

Well, I had my first large estimate for coroplast today. :thumbsup:

This company wants 100- 18x24, one side, one color.

I gave a price of $1,100. They are going to let me know tomorrow ((keeping fingers crossed)).

I really wanted to send this out and have them screen printed- but the guy only wants vinyl  :thumbsup:.

It's one of those job that you wish you had, until you start doing them :thumbsup:. I think it's going to take

alot of time to finish 100. I told the man that I need at least 2 weeks from the time I get the deposit.

He said that everyone else wants $14.50 a sign. Do you all think my price sounds o.k. ?

I don't want to under cut the others too bad........... but I really need this job.

I've got mixed emotions on this. Have any of you gotten such an order? Did you regreat it?

i just did ten about that size in a day and to me it just gets pretty boring. i love making decals and dont mind weeding, but when its the same thing over and over it starts to drain ya. if i saw 1100 at the finish line for less than a weeks work though it is a different story  :thumbsup: good luck i hope he pulls the trigger

My question is...why is he insisting on vinyl? My observation is...$14.50 estimate from other shops seems kinda low for vinyl.

I'd get the money up front. If this guy thinks Vinyl is somehow better than screen printing, he isn't too bright.

Hey sista,,

My Fingers are crossed for you, I also had 1000 T-shirts dangled in front of me fri,, i too, and discounting because of the volume,

Let us know,,

Mine i wont know for weeks,,

MMM

I have never done an order like that but I wanted to wish you luck!

Christi

Guest fivestar

I would of put my "super salesman" hat on and sold him screenprinted ones.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You'll get through it easily as long as it isn't bad weeding.

Guest kenya

Thanks for the responses.

I'm not sure if I really want this job, but I sure can use it.

Who knows why the guy doesn't want screen print. I can get them made up & still

clear $250. 

It's alot of weeding too.

I want a 50% deposit or it's no deal. Thanks guys, I'll let ya know if I get it.  :thumbsup:

If this guy thinks Vinyl is somehow better than screen printing, he isn't too bright.

Quote of the thread...  You could prob get these screenprinted for around $4 each, and they would last practically forever.

Still, hope you cashed in!  Your eyes/arms are probably still too tired to type if you did..

Kenya,

I have never done that big a coroplast order but it sound like a good job to get. If the customer insists on vinyl well than he gets what he wants ;)

I just finished 105 small 2 color decals for a boyscout troop and it can get a bit routine, I didnt even get paid for these (charity fundraiser), so 1 grand or better would certainly motivate me to push past the boredom factor.

Sounds like a great job!  I really like making coro signs, if I could stay busy just doing those, I would!!!  Hope it works for you!!!  If you need some help let me know! LoL

Guest kenya

Wanted to follow up................

the man that wanted the 100 coroplast signs closed his doors after 17 years.

He thought that maybe getting the word out, by getting signs made would help the business.

He decided that he was too far in debt as it was. I really wanted that order, but not getting it allowed me to take on several small orders and it wasn't doing the same thing over & over.

Just Monday I sold two 3'x8' one sided/two color coroplast & two 4' x 6'  store front windows- all installed (simple installation) for $490..... woohoo, this week has been easy so far. B)