Sign in to follow this  
d4d330

FlexiStarter 8.5 and how I didn't get it........

Mmmmm, just took a look at the eBay ads and I notice the 24" PCUT from USCUTTER comes with FlexiStarter 8.5.

Since I bought mine a month ago and didn't get the FlexiStarter 8.5, I'm feeling a little miffed, where are the fairness police  :thumbsup: when you need them...    ;D ;D ;D

It comes at an extra cost not included in the price of the cutter, more or less an upgrade from SBE if you want to pay more money.  :thumbsup:

unless you are a bigger shop etc , i would use SignBlazer . I like it alot better than Flexi Starter & many in here can give you advice for it .  I have bought a flexi starter for $99 thru the e-bay auctions & still use the free SignBlazer 90% of the time . my 2 cents

Are you saying that your auction did not include it, but this new auction does?  That's always possible, as a company may decide when to change a particular offering.

Hi ,

I'm sure Monday someone from USCutter will straighten the deal up . I seen some auctions/cutters are offered with Flexi Starter while other auctions/cutters list it as an upgrade  ( under $100 ) .

Does the auction that you actually won say the same thing  ( includes Flexi Starter ) ?  

The reason I would like to try it is the SB program drawing tools are very primitive. I find trying to contour trace jpg files a pain in the butt, and the vectorizing tool in SB really isn't even worth the bother. Stooooooooooop the post...

New Post!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having a terrible time trying to vectorize images, the results weren't even close. I just discovered that by default the "setup" box in the vectorize menu was not set to anything. The grayed out drop down which means "not available" in standard MS Windows programs caused me to think nothing was available, but I just clicked on "Logos/Art - General" in fustration(which is the only option btw), and now the results are better.

I guess that is one of the problems using a orphaned program like Sign Blazer. The Help file speaks of several options to use and the ability to click on Setup to customize the options, but I have only one option and the Setup feature doesn't work at all. I'm left wondering if perhaps a "supported" program might not be so frustrating to use and that's why I'm disappointed in not getting Flexi in the auction I got my cutter from.

I don't believe the Flexi program they are offering (FlexiStarter) has a trace feature.  If you want to vectorize your raster images, you may want to give Inkscape a try (it's free).  That's all I use to vectorize.  It works very well, IMO.

D4D , Where are you located at ? i have a Flexi Starter with dongle that I could lend you . I have only used it a couple times .

I stand mostly corrected, I clicked the first uscutter pcut auction and it was only listing flexi as an add on not as "included" as the one you posted shows.  Double check your auction, it may not have been included in yours, like CyberSultan said, companys do that from time to time.  Auctions arent generally about fairness, its about what you bid on and hopefully win.  I wouldnt be too upset over it.

I don't believe the Flexi program they are offering (FlexiStarter) has a trace feature.  If you want to vectorize your raster images, you may want to give Inkscape a try (it's free).  That's all I use to vectorize.  It works very well, IMO.

correct

I tried to convert a bitmap but I'm doing something wrong, if I save the traced file as a eps file it doesn't open in Sign Blazer using either full postscript interpreter or postscript scanner. If I save it as a svg file Sign Blazer doesn't see it, which makes sense as svg isn't a listed file type. What file type should I save as in Inkscape so that it imports into SB?

Thanks for all the help.

Terry