Sign in to follow this  
sgreathouse

SignBlazer and PCut - not cutting correctly?

I recently purchased a PCut and I can get the machine to cut but I think it is trying to cut my words in the wrong direction (or upside down...not sure).  The carriage keeps running into the red stop button on the left side of the machine.  For example I type "Stacy" and it just cuts the S and then stops.  I am new to this so if any one has any suggestions on how to help I would appreciate it. Do I have some settings wrong?

You might check the size you are trying to cut. If it is too big for the size of the cutter you are using, you might run into this.

I don't think that it is.  I have a 24 inch machine and the word I am cutting is no taller than 4 inches and no longer than 6 or 7 inches.  It is like the orientation is off on my cutter and software.  The best way I can describe it is Signblazer thinks the cutting is starting on the right side of the machine but it actually starts on the left side of the machine and then runs out of room. Does that make any sense?

Yes it does make sense. I will check into this as I have not heard of it before. Will keep you posted.

when you first set up the Pcut,you should have been given the option to start in right,left,or center position.From what I have seen,not everyone in other countries starts at far right.

Anyway,to solve this problem,all you have to do is set the origin to far right on the cutter itself.Origin being where the blade starts cutting.

It might be a couple of things.

1) Make sure you have selected the right cutter, I assume you have selected the Creation PCut CT630. This will specify the width of the cutter and should stop it hitting the left stop.

2) In the cutter panel in SignBlazer try selecting "Fit to Origin" and possibly "Rotate Across Vinyl".

Fit_to_origin.gif

post-1151-12986512630439_thumb.gif

post-1151-12986512655707_thumb.gif