Lonestargraphics

plastic sign blanks?

I have a customer wanting a sign made on the corrugated plastic. He wants a 45inx12in. I know I wont find one exactly that size probably but all the places I am finding that big require you to order 10+. Does anyone know where I can get a sign blank around this size where I dont haver to order a bunch of them? Please help I really need to get this ordered so I can get it made.Thanks

Lonestar, locate a local sign supplier to get a sheet of 4x8. I have one near me that supplies all the big sign guys and they sold it to me by the sheet. Then you won't have shipping charges either. It was interesting putting it in my Envoy but we got it in there. Unless you have a truck you may want to bring a knife w you to cut it down to size. I paid about $10/sheet

Yup, $10 bucks sounds about right for a 4x8 sheet of 4mm & $30 for 10mm... I have 3 local suppliers in my area...  check around, hopefully you got one close by. goodluck

Core you just taught me something, I didn't know it came thicker and they didn't ask. I'll have to check into that. How do you decide what thickness to use? Say for sidewalk sign that you place the inserts into? Thanks

It is new so I just purchased "coroplast board", they didn't tell me there is 2 diff thicknesses where I got it from. I'll have to see what thickness I got and if there is another available

I think there are a few different thicknesses, 4mm 8mm 10mm, as far as I know...

Check out www.sign-mart.com

they are one of my local suppliers, they do ship...

Anyone know where I can blank no parking signs? I would like plastic, white, blank. I've done a search and can only find ones that are not smooth, they have ridges in them. I want to make novelty signs.

thanx in advance!

Renee

Anyone know where I can blank no parking signs? I would like plastic, white, blank. I've done a search and can only find ones that are not smooth, they have ridges in them. I want to make novelty signs.

thanx in advance!

Renee

Renee,

Contact Grimco

thanx in advance!

Renee

Renee,

Contact Grimco

thanx Dylan I will look into them!

Renee

Grimco is good for plastic blanks but they will not cut down for custom sizes. I needed to do 50 9x16 plastic signs for a customer recently and I had to get 4x8 foot sheets and cut them down myself.

I couldn't find anywhere to get custom size blanks from.

Have you ever come across plastic blanks for office doors? I tried to view the catalog at Grimco but substrates is mixed up w another category. I looked on a few others mentioned but can't find anything. I'm surprised nobody carries them and everything has to be cut down. I only needed a couple about 8x8 or so, not real picky about the size.

Thanks, that seems strange to me with all the offices out there. I just wanted to do a freebie so maybe I'd get the font window too. I'll keep my eyes open as I don't have a way of making the edges look nice even if I did cut down a 4x8 sheet.

I have to wait for Grimco to approve my application <sheesh> the good thing is they have a store in NC so I dont have to wait a long time for delivery.

thanx for the tip Dylan

Renee