amythyst

cuts cross over eachother

I have a refine Model: MH365 that I bought off of ebay.  It is a 12" model.  I got a subscription to signcut with this purchase.  SignCut is unable to solve my issue.

When cutting an image or text it does not cut right.  I am using vector files or using the program itself for text.  The letters are not shaped right on the vinyl cutout.  They cross over eachother and are just odd shaped.  I am using com1. 

Any suggestions out there?

Guest fivestar

Make sure the pinch rollers are tightened enough so that the vinyl is not slipping.

also make sure that the carriage is secure in the rollers.  looking at the carriage, it should be level, not slanted

and make sure the carriage is on its tracks and not in front of the tracks. There are white wheels behind the carriage that sit on the tracks. Sometimes it pops off track during shipping.

Hi, I am having the same problem, overlapping fonts, erratic spacing, odd shaped letters, etc. It appears that the carriage is level, and the set of white wheels are underneath the track which seems to be the only place they could ride, but do I have to remove the top cover to inspect a top set of wheels? It just started this when I really need to get out a big project of course. I use the text editor in SignCut to create the lines to cut, I am connected to LPT1. I downloaded the new version of

SignCut and made everything worse, so I uninstalled and re-installed from the SignCut disk. I'm at my wits end, if I even have a wit! Please, somebody help!

Thanks,

Buck

Posted a response, but assumed you had the Refine series like the original poster. Now from another post I see that you actually have the Copam. The Copam carriage is seated properly. Could you post a copy of the file you are trying to cut, I have a Copam sitting on my bench now, and can try and troubleshoot.