Sign in to follow this  
sublimation

Viewing new added fonts in SB

This is how to use/view added fonts in SB for those of us who were unable.

The Text dialog box in Elements is different than in Hotshots.

So..close elements and open hotshots then open the text dialog by clicking the Text button.

Then drop down "Font Groups" select "All TTF fonts" then click "default" then click "save as default"

Close Hotshots.

You should now be able to view and use all added TTF fonts in SB elements.

This worked for me...

Len

I can't remember where , but I have seen that option ( all TTF fonts & something else ) in Elements . Speaking of SB Hot Shots  & wondering about SB Pro . Does/Can USC cutter sell those versions @ a deal ? I seen they have 2 different versions of Pro 4-sale a couple days ago ... 1 was $399 & the other $499 :huh:  :)

edit : Sublimation ,  can you export files on it ?

Yes, it installs when elements installs. Its funtional except you cannot save work in it.

can you export from it?

bb

You cannot export from it. Can't save from it. Look in programs under SignBlazer. Hotshot Demo is there. It is a true trial. It has been noted that you can use some of the features if you go into the demo and change settings, they will stay in the Elements version. Especially some of the text effects.

You cannot export from it. Can't save from it. Look in programs under SignBlazer. Hotshot Demo is there. It is a true trial. It has been noted that you can use some of the features if you go into the demo and change settings, they will stay in the Elements version. Especially some of the text effects.

Thats right. But if you are doing a job and don't need to save the work, I think (but do not know for sure) that you can cut from it.

There are no output settings. It has the PCut available for a cutter but no output ports to select. I don't think you can cut.

Does the Hot shots & Pro versions of SB work still ?

wow i never knew. all this time i have never accessed sb by way of the program files. in the demo mode you can rotate from sb elements to pro to hot shots by pressing the f12 button.

bb

wow i never knew. all this time i have never accessed sb by way of the program files. in the demo mode you can rotate from sb elements to pro to hot shots by pressing the f12 button.

bb

Only from pro to hotshots and back.

At least on my version, I have to open Elements separately.

thanx for the tip! worked great for me though I have to say it wasnt easy fiding hot shot! in my folder its listed as SBNT DEMO. I clicked on it and hotshot came up. I also want to add that when I clicked on the F12 key it did switch between the two, sign blazer elements to hotshot and back :huh:

anyone know how to stop the program from trying to update? I need simple instructions LOL!! I am computer challenged!

Renee

the F12 key only works if you already have both signblazer and hot shot already open! then it will switch between the two.

I found how to get rid of the update! Slowely but surely im learing this thing LOL!

Renee

my F12 key switches  between HotShot , Pro & Elements :huh:

Mine does too Rodger but if I only open sign blazer and hit the f12 key nothing happens, if I open hot shots and signblazer it will switch between the two. someone said you cant save or cut from hot shot though so not sure why i would need it?  :huh:

Renee

That was the sales pitch to get more than the basic Element version . Just Like Flexi has many different stages of their software . All a matter of cost & being able to justify spending the difference . Hobby vs Full time sign shop , ease of doing more complicated signs & editing . There is work-a-rounds on most things from what I have read .

anyone know how to stop the program from trying to update? I need simple instructions LOL!! I am computer challenged!

Renee

Change the shortcut link (Right click on the icon and select properties) from sb.exe to sbnt.exe and it will quit trying to update.

I can't remember where , but I have seen that option ( all TTF fonts & something else ) in Elements . Speaking of SB Hot Shots  & wondering about SB Pro . Does/Can USC cutter sell those versions @ a deal ? I seen they have 2 different versions of Pro 4-sale a couple days ago ... 1 was $399 & the other $499 :huh:  :)

edit : Sublimation ,  can you export files on it ?

We no longer have the Pro versions available, or HotShot...

what about these work-arounds I'm hearing about?? all my buttons in signblazer work except when i go to the cutting screen, alot of those are blanked out, wonder what those are for? anyone know?

Renee

what about these work-arounds I'm hearing about?? all my buttons in signblazer work except when i go to the cutting screen, alot of those are blanked out, wonder what those are for? anyone know?

Renee

click on; start > program files > sign blazer > signblazer 5.5 hotshot demo version. almost everything works except you have no output function. what we need is the unlock dongle. the software is all there. it just needs to be unlocked.

bb

unfortunately the file is broken. i keep getting error messages. :huh:

bb

i don't know what is supposed to happen. i tried it on my laptop and i just made a mess out of sbe. i had to reinstall the software to fix it. what the h*!l? brad?

bb

I deleted the jpg at the end of the file and then dropped it in my sbe folder, i then opened the program but didnt see any difference and it didnt crash so not sure if its a time bomb or what....geeze i hope not!

Renee