Sign in to follow this  
john!

Want Reliable Clear Tape? My Review on TransferRite 1510

hummm...  I have R-Tape Clear Conform and never had any problems...  I will pick some transfer rite and play around!

Where is the best place to buy the clear tape. We see alot on here that use it. It sure would be nice when doing multi colors.

Where is the best place to buy the clear tape. We see alot on here that use it. It sure would be nice when doing multi colors.

The only place i've found with the 1510 TransferRite is Fellers. http://fellers.com sign up and get their catalog.

Guest stunad, jr.

LOL

i've been using clear contact paper from walmart.  works surprisingly good

LOL

well the clear you would use mainly for overlays and it's just more cost effective to buy a roll of 50 yards for $35 i think, i did notice the clear tape comes in 50 yard rolls and paper tape comes in 100 yard rolls  :huh::)

www.signsplusbanners.com has TransfeRite 1510 Ultra Clear 6" thru 48"

I have both here... and actually like the r-tape a little better. But both work very well.

I have both here... and actually like the r-tape a little better. But both work very well.

That makes me feel better..

I bought a roll of the Clear R-Tape from UsCutter and was thinking I wasted my money.  :thumbsup:

I use R-Tape Clear Choice for all 2,3,4 color graphics and it works quite well. I have not really been able to find anything that can match the quality of R-Tape, but I will certainly give the TransferRite a shot.

--Cory

LOL

Im gonna try that!!

Wayne

I have only had my cutter (PCut 24") for a couple of weeks now.  I knew I would also want to do 2 color decals, so ordered US Cutter brand clear tape in 4" an 12" widths.  I did not get the standard paper type transfer tape, thinking clear would be fine for finished products, and would show the decals better prior to application (white vinyl on white backing with opaque transfer tape...).  However, this clear transfer tape doesn't even seem to want to pull the vinyl off of the backing paper consistently.  I have adjusted blade depth and pressure, and all seems well with the cutting (weeds well, only occasionally cutting into the backing paper).  I am a bit frustrated, and wondering if it is the materials or the inexperienced operator.  I got this as a glorified hobby so I can make window decals, signs etc for our local community theater, friends etc. but I have already got offers for real jobs.  If I can't get this transfer tape thing worked out I will have to do all of the applications myself which kills the "here, I made this for you" kind of thing.

Any words of wisdom?  :huh:

Guest round2racing

LOL

Are you serious?

Does this really work?

I would love to have some clear for RTA.

I hate giving them paper tape.

It's looks crappy, even though I think it works better.

What's the difference in RTape Clear Choice AT60 - General Purpose Clear High-tack  and RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA - High-tack Application Tape with RLA.  Please help.

Get soem good paper tape and save the clear for multi layers.  I am going to order some of the 1510 to try for multi layers

I do a lot of stickers to sell, those look better on display with clear tape over paper tape...

Personally, I prefer the RTape over TransferRite. I use the AT60 Clear Choice for standard stickers and AT42 RLA Clear Conform for the bigger or highly detailed ones.

I have only had my cutter (PCut 24") for a couple of weeks now.  I knew I would also want to do 2 color decals, so ordered US Cutter brand clear tape in 4" an 12" widths.  I did not get the standard paper type transfer tape, thinking clear would be fine for finished products, and would show the decals better prior to application (white vinyl on white backing with opaque transfer tape...).  However, this clear transfer tape doesn't even seem to want to pull the vinyl off of the backing paper consistently.  I have adjusted blade depth and pressure, and all seems well with the cutting (weeds well, only occasionally cutting into the backing paper).  I am a bit frustrated, and wondering if it is the materials or the inexperienced operator.  I got this as a glorified hobby so I can make window decals, signs etc for our local community theater, friends etc. but I have already got offers for real jobs.  If I can't get this transfer tape thing worked out I will have to do all of the applications myself which kills the "here, I made this for you" kind of thing.

Any words of wisdom?   :)

Lose that crap....that is the stuff I have 2 rolls of and its crap. i got R-tape http://www.uscutter.com/RTape-Conform-Series-4076-RLA--High-tack-Application-Tape-with-RLA-100yd_p_144.html and I love it...I bet the clear is good too of this brand. But the stuff you have now is horrible and I had the same issues. Best of luck.