Sign in to follow this  
aries58

Us cutter

Got it open and everything put together.It took from last post to this one to get it together..

Open it up, and it won't be so scary....

When opened I see 1 thing that could be improved from uscutters.Where is sample vinly?Got a new cutter and no way to test it..Why not throw in a small sample sheet for buyers.

When opened I see 1 thing that could be improved from uscutters.Where is sample vinly?Got a new cutter and no way to test it..Why not throw in a small sample sheet for buyers.

Because that would make too much sense  :)

Different vinyl for different people and different applications. I guess they want you to setup your cutter using the vinyl that you think you would be using most of the time.

Different vinyl for different people and different applications. I guess they want you to setup your cutter using the vinyl that you think you would be using most of the time.

Can i test with paper?or cricut vinyl?

A sample is just that a sample,then one can decide which one they want to buy or use..

There are soo many different vinyls out there, brand, type, size, color, use, etc. I would suggest searching the forum, or asking the forum which vinyl use and when.

If your unit came with a pen you can load that and draw on paper to test it. You will find that saves some vinyl during the learning process too. (ask me how I know)

How do you know ;D  :)

If your unit came with a pen you can load that and draw on paper to test it. You will find that saves some vinyl during the learning process too. (ask me how I know)

lol how do you know... :)

We do sell affordable sample packs of vinyl, but we already have razor thin margins on the units, so we cannot also include the vinyl.

I remember " almost " ordering a package that had sample vinyl  & more misc. stuff from a different company . problem was it was ON SALE for $2500. I ordered a Copam for $600 & went to a local supplier when I didn't order vinyl, transfer tape & a sqeezee  . No matter what , I think most people will be out of vinyl after the 1rst day . Mistakes & making decals wiped out the 30' I bought in 1 day :) .

I purchased a sample pack of vinyl at the same time I ordered my pcut  :) Very good deal! When I got my itty bitty roland it came with a sample sheet of vinyl and all it did was piss me off...lol. Was not enough! I also paid 900 for the 12 inch cutter :) I didnt know uscutter existed! I think for the money you pay for a uscutter and the extra blades + software is a bargain!! I havent set mine up yet, just got it yesterday. the colors could have been better ( beige, forest green, blue, silver and yellow) but I'm not complaining, was a good price! I usually use oracle so i'm anxious to try this BGS brand!

Renee

lol how do you know... :)

Cuz I wasted a butt load of vinyl before I learned to downsize and draw stuff before I cut a large job that didn't work. Especially trying to do images. :)

Paper at office depot is cheap, I would use that to practice on, or buy cheap vinyl..

Wayne

That's a good idea using paper for newbies..Thanks