Sign in to follow this  
Rodger

25 pin cable settings ???

I downloaded a SignBlazer update link & lost communication with the copam . I restored the computer to a date when it was working correctly . Didn't work . The USB to serial adapter cable had come apart on the serial end ( plastic case seperated but looked like everything was connected )  , so I installed the 25 pin cable that came with the cutter , nothing . read ALOT & couldn't figure it out .

Thanks for any help , Rodger

I got the usb to serial cable working today ( same settings I tried yesterday :huh: )

I would still like to know the settings to use the 25 pin cable . I thought ithe setting was LPT1 , but it isnt working for either 25 pin cable I have .

any advice on using the 25 pin cable ?

The Parallel port mode needs to be set to ECP, and make sure there are no printers or faxes configured to LPT1. Also make sure you are using the included LPT cable.

Thanks Ken ,

Is setting the Parallel port to ECP difficult for an amateur ? I looked in device manager & clicked around , but didn't figure it out . The printer is on a serial cable ( how do I make sure nothing is configured on the Parallel port ? )

Rodger