Sign in to follow this  
KE5AFU

First Wall Quote

Well, I got my first wall quote done today. Our wall is very textured so application was interesting.

My wife is wanting quotes to go all the way around the room in this fashion.

wq1.jpg

width=800 height=600http://www.biotekfuels.com/wq2.jpg[/img]

(Sorry for the poor quality I used my cell phone)

Wow I like it! I hope to try my hand at some wall art soon. Just need to pick up some Oracal 631 wall art film

Very nice! I really dig the quote, Frost is great. When you say your wife wants quotes going all around the room do you mean just the one and you are going to do that in several rooms or do you mean you are going to do different quotes going all down the wall? I personally think the latter might make a REALLY awesome room! Either way keep us updated.

Thanks for the complements. To LevlHartzog, yes she is wanting different quotes going all the way around the room, forming a kind of border by the ceiling. She is an English major so has lots of literary ideas. (Although if anyone has a really good quote feel free to toss it into the ring).

Guest Schramm

I really like it!

Here is a trick for doing textured walls, use a rivot brush and a hair dryer!  On medium heat warm the vinyl with the hair dryer and then with the rivot brush in a circular motion press the warm vinyl onto the surface, that way it will conform to contours!

I plan on painting wall words onto my wall in horizontal border stripe in my office.  I like the vinyl but I can do exact colors of my room using paint which for me is better and anyway it is my office.

Nice job on that and thanks for sharing!

KE5AFU Great job...that must of been real hard to put on being so hi up and the textured walls to BOOT!  I have textured walls as well...really textured deep and when I did my first wall words I thought "what the heck am I doing wrong, is something wrong with my vinyl..or ME?" then reading more on this forum I knew it was not me (whew  ;)) I use heat as well Schramm and it works well!

Great job

Dazzel

Good Stuff! Nicely done.  Since the 631 vinyl is low tac what are using for application tape. I've done vinyl on just about every substrate BUT walls...  Wondering about how well the vinyl adheres to the wall during installation and how easily the tape removes without lifting the vinyl.  I'm sure heat would help too.

Guest kenya

It looks wonderful......... love your choice of font.

All your hard work paid off  :angel:.