2GuysSign

My new Company Toy!

This one is a doozie!  Just purchased it today and im now workin on getting it legal!

its a 1981 International S1800 Bucket Truck!  Turbo Diesel Inline-6 (I think it might be a Caterpillar or Cummins Motor!) with only 100,000 miles on it (not even broken in), 10-Speed Manual (5-Low Gears & 5-High Gears!) 46ft Steel Bucket with 3-phase Gas generator to power the bucket (So the diesel motor dont have to be running to move the bucket!).  Engine runs perfect but needs some minor repairs.  The steel mesh in the bucket is broken, but were thinkin of welding a 1/2" Steel Plate in the bottom (So i can hook up a winch and use it as a crane as well!), Needs both driver and passenger seats (extremely worn from use!), needs a driver storage compartment door because the bottom is rotted away, plus i want to put the LED running lights on with some Safety Strobe Lights and a Rotating work like for late night repairs!  Also needs paint on the doors where vinyl graphics pealed off the paint, so ill just wrap it with vinyl and install my logos!

Got it for a steal, $2000

Plus the GVW on the truck is 17,500lbs!

1231gc14c3mb3pf3o98cbc47141161ca211bb.jpg

1151fd1453k13o73p38cb94bdb8486aa81e2a.jpg

11c1fa1283k43mc3la8cb07a91c88fc1f1014.jpg

im pleased, its got $1400 in new rubber!  just need to get a LF tire (Very Worn!)

EDIT: Just got my Commercial Insurance Quote for the truck, and holy hell!

Only $817 for the year!  ;):);D

WOW. So you got that insane truck for dirt cheap and now you are getting the insurance for an even crazier price. Lucky guy. Congrats on the truck that thing looks awesome.

oh yea, might have to make a USCutter vinyl order  ;)

WOW. So you got that insane truck for dirt cheap and now you are getting the insurance for an even crazier price. Lucky guy. Congrats on the truck that thing looks awesome.

Its because im old! lol

Na, i barely made the cutoff for my insurance.  you need to be at least 24 years old to drive anything over 10,000lbs, i guess because of driving experience and the weight of the truck!

Ill get more pics when i get it home...  wanta make sure its Legit before parking it in front of my house so the TWP i live in wont complain of a huge non-legit vehicle!

oh yea, might have to make a USCutter vinyl order  ;)

Its because im old! lol

Na, i barely made the cutoff for my insurance.  you need to be at least 24 years old to drive anything over 10,000lbs, i guess because of driving experience and the weight of the truck!

Yar that makes sense. Props once again. I am jealous that thing looks like fun!

when i use to work for a sign company, i use to drive all the Big Vehicles we lettered.  No one at the shop knew how to drive anything big, especially with Air Brakes. 

Good deal. 

I would have it inspected by a certified mechanic before trusting my life with the boom lift.

Also, be careful making any modifications to the boom or cage, your state safety inspectors will not like it!  :-

I would check the weight lifting limits of the boom before putting a winch on it.

Most of them are only capable of the weight of the basket and 2 people.

(Drove and trained boom lift drivers, years back.)

it says the boom at the basket can hold up to 800lbs!  i dont think sign cabinets get over 250lbs.  There is a hook for lifting,  but i figure if i have a winch, i can lower the cable and hook up to a cabinet for installation...  that way i dont have to hire a crane for $500 for half day and make more profits.  but ill make sure before doing anything!

i know i use to lift 6'x12' cabinets at the sign company i was at with their small bucket truck.  i figure the truck im getting is more durable!

And plus, i wont be lifting while in the bucket.  the boom has on ground remote controls!

Nice steal! Not get some dubs on it, slam it, tint it and turbo it...Ooops wrong forum  :huh:

actually it is already turbo...

I need to get it fully operational first.  make sure everything is safe and get all lights and safety lights right!  then ill letter it and customize it.  I might just paint the wheels but thats it.  i need a LF tire and i know those tires aint cheap!

Who are you going to have letter it for you?  :P

Try Fastsigns............... :huh:;D:) :)

congrats looks like you got a good deal..good luck and post some pics when you get done fixing it up..

Who are you going to have letter it for you?  :P

Try Fastsigns............... :huh:;D:P:)

lol, they can handjob.gif before i take it anywhere...  ill do it myself!

omg, I just realized what that lil green guy was doing...LMAO!!! :huh: too funny, I kept watching him like he was playing "rock, paper, sissors" till I finally realized....LOL!!!

I'm not blonde, I promise......ahhhhh sorry to all the blonde folks...lol

Renee

i thought that would be funny.

I worked at a sign shop for 1.5 years doing vinyl and vehicle wraps on 18 wheelers...  basic logos on my truck will be a snap!