BannerJohn

In case you are wondering

I was one of the lucky ones chosen to test SignBlazer before US Cutter decided to offer it. It is,without a doubt,heads above SignCut. It compared favorably with Flexi,and does some things that the Flexi Starter version won't do. It is EASY to set up.EASY to use (especially for the beginner) and has TONS of features that SignCut lacks.

I have tried virtually every sign software out there that I could get a demo of,and SignBlazer is the only one I would recommend to someone who is hitting this thing cold.Well,besides the very expensive Flexi,that is.

Honestly, for the hobbiest as well as the pro, I think that SignBlazer is the only software you will ever need. I really do like it.Really.

that's my 2p worth.

If anyone has any questions,please feel free to PM me. If i don't know the answer,I'll find it for you.

Which Sign Blazer program did you test?  Elements? Will it put text on a path, ie top and bottom of a circle and let you type inside the circle as well?

Thanks

JodyB

I also was chosen...  Banner is Right, This program is awesome...  Excellent choice for the beginner as well as even possibly the advanced sign maker that doesnt want to pay the high cost of flexi...

Features, Features, Features...

SignBlazer is an ALL-IN-ONE design and cutting program.

Here are some of my favorite features.

Distortions... Ability to change lettering style to pretty much anything, Arc, Arch, Perspective and more

Shadows.  Another great feature, simply select your text, click shadow and done!

Skew... ability to slant text in any direction...

And this program includes hundreds of pre-drawn shapes like logos, signs, trademarks, etc... Something that i have never seen INCLUDED with any other sign program

I could probably go on and on about all the features that this program offers.

There is one thing that I dont really care for... Only one tool bar at the top...

With WinPC or Flexi, I can put toolbars anywhere, for like justification or centering or what not...On SBE, there is only a scroll at the top to take you thru the pre-configured features.

But honestly, this is really no big deal, just something that Im not used to...

Im just glad we can talk about this program now...  I opened the file when i got it and within 5 mins i was AMAZED of the ease of use...

I will no longer reccomend WinPCSign for any 'beginners' out there, Its solely going to be SBE!!!

Hey Tater, wish I would have seen this last week I just purchased WinPC 4 days ago because you said how easy and affordable it was and now your saying signblazer is BETTER :). OK how much is it and where can I buy it? (Do they have a trial version I can try first?) Judd

I am gonna try to contact Ken on Monday to see if they started selling the program yet.  His price (verbally) was quite a bit cheaper than that.

Hey jodyb, can you let me know what you find out from Ken? Being a nooby I could sure use a simple (and inexpensive) program and the way these guys talk this is right up my alley. I've been able to do some with inkskape and signcut but if there's a easier way I'm all for it. Thanks... Judd

Functionally... WinPCSign and SBE are basically the same.  There are some features that SBE offers and WinPC dont and vice versa...

but for the novice, beginer at sign making, the learning curve is much much easier to overcome with SBE...

You 'should' be happy with WinPCSign, It was one of my first cutting softwares... But it takes longer to get used to and learn all the features compared to SBE...

BJ and Tater when you guys were testing the SB elements which cutter was you using?  My real question is do you guys think that the copam 2500 will have any issues with this program? 

Judd I am in the same boat as you right now with the exception that you have the WPS and I don't.  I only have signcut x2 and inkscape.  I do however feel that inkscape should do what I need it to do but can't figure it out.  The instructions are really in greek as far as step by step goes.  I'll let ya know what I find out.  Or Ken may pop in here and chime in.  I do know that yesterday that two SBE download programs were sold on ebay one for $55 and the other for $65.

Thanks again guys,

JodyB

Will SignCut PE and SignBlazer successfully reside on the same computer in harmony? In other words if I load the SignBlazer trial on my computer with SignCut still installed will I encounter any additional communication issues to the cutter? Thanks

Funny you should ask...I have BOTH on the same computer. SignBlazer won't work unless I open SignCut FIRST,make a test cut,and then SignBlazer works fine. I think it is because I have them both on the same port BUT I have not been able to make SB work on another port. Probably because I am using the USB connection. But it's really not a problem. I just make a tiny cut with SC and then close it...SB works fine after that.

as far as I can tell, SB does NOT affect SC.

If this sounds confusing..the short answer is,it shouldn't matter.

And,I use the SC and SB on the refine. The copam should be even easier.

Heres my setup...

I have the Refine running on the USB

Another brand 24 inch plotter running on the serial

Another brand 32 inch plotter running on the parellel port

Im running Windows XP Home Edition

AMD Sempron 3000 processor

1.5 gigs of ram

Software wise.

I have WinPCSign Letter

I have Flexi Sign

I have Sign Blazer Elements

I have SignCut

And yes, I have no communication issues at all.  And I do not have any special connectors (Keyspan), just what was shipped with the refine.

I can cut to the refine plotter from any one of those programs

I can only cut to the other plotters from WinPC, Flexi, SBE  (dont have drivers to run sign cut on the other machines.)

I can have 3 DIFFRENT cut programs open at once with a diffrent image being sent to each machine all cutting at the same time.

So, I believe Bannerjohns case is isolated to maybe just him?

Anyone else encountered this type of problem?

tater for President! Thanks man,you solved my problem with your suggestion of the Redsail driver. Not in a million years would I have thought of that particular driver.

well, to tell ya the truth... there are resons why i chose that driver.

A redsail is a Refine

A Bridge is a Refine

just like US Cutter has a Refine.

Refine is basically a company that manufactures equipment and sells it to companies like so and puts there name on it.

Ok here is the scoop,  I talked with Ken today and he again gave me a verbal price but  I will not list it because things can change and everybody may be looking at me :D .  Ken said that they will have it on the us cutter website for sale in about a week.  So there ya go.

I think we are gonna sell SignBlazer Elements for about $60-$70, much less than you see online.

Bridge uses machines manufactured by the same factory, Redsail does not.  I admit that Redsail machines are electronically superior to the Refine machines, but they are inferior to the creation machines.  Most machines uses some version of the DMPL / HPGL command set, so that is why you can often times have drivers that work for both.

well, to tell ya the truth... there are resons why i chose that driver.

A redsail is a Refine

A Bridge is a Refine

just like US Cutter has a Refine.

Refine is basically a company that manufactures equipment and sells it to companies like so and puts there name on it.

Here is the verdict on pricing:

For SignBlazer Elements locked to machines that we sell (current and future), initial pricing will be $70 (subject to change).

If you purchased a machine from USCutter before, we will probably offer special pricing of $60 (also subject to change).

Download the trial from this link:

http://blazertech.net/downloads/elements/USCutter/SBEforUSCutterSetup.exe

Learning guide:

http://www.blazertech.net/downloads/LearnGde.zip

Come back and let us know what you think.

They are ready now.              :)

Might not be up on the web site for another day or so, but if you want to PayPal a payment to PayPal@uscutter.com for $60 we can ship one out to you. You could also send a money order or cashiers check.

Hey Ken, I bought my Refine through selltopia, do I get this price too?

Yes sir, we are the same company. Selltopia was just our eBay sales name, USCutter is our brand name.

I have a simple question. My brother just bought the creation with Signblazer,and is going to install it on a computer he has now. He plans on getting a better computer in a few months (his old computer from work). What is involved it transferring SignBlazer from one computer to another and activating it? I myself would like to know too...computers do crash,after all.