Sign in to follow this  
ralais

Yard Sign Assistance Please

I was asked to make a few yard signs.  I bought the signs & the red vinyl... because they wanted it red & white.  But after doing the first one, he wants the sign to be red & the lettering to be white (reversed).  I already bought the sign in white & do not want to turn around & buy more signs in red.

I tried to print out a sign sized piece of vinyl, with the lettering which I cut out.  Only problem is, I cannot get it to stick on the signs with the one large piece without it wrinkling up & what not.

Any tips or tricks?

since you don't have time to practice,and need these done...

I wouldn't try it dry at all.

How many are you doing?

For one depending on when your customer told you to go ahead with the red...you can either charge more for last minute change (which may mean a little delay in delivering)...cause that's just WRONG!  

Especially if you already ordered the signs they wanted.

I've never done that large on a coroplast...are you laying it slowly from one side to the other?  Using a tennis ball?  I'm sure John or someone else who has more experience will give some advice...UNLESS depending on the size of the sign, you could lay it in pieces instead of one large sheet.

I am doing 5... 3 of them are double sided.

I have been trying to find a video tutorial of a wet application but haven't found one yet.

I need it in one large 18 x 24 piece.

Coroplast is hard enough to do dry without having reverse cut letters. I've never seen one done like that without a few bubbles or lines.

Check your PM

Yeah Jen, whats up w the tennis ball? Doesn't scratch the vinyl but it will help to adhere it to the coroplast instead of a squeegee? OR if all else fails you can squeeze in a game of tennis? ;)

we have done some of these. and have found that the hinge method works great. also haveing a big squeege does help alot.