Sign in to follow this  
Nikki

need a little advice

I made some vinyl decal/sign's for a customer's vehicle, they are 11" x 32"

How should I give it to him? Should I just roll them up with a elastic? with the decal facing out?

I need to order tubes for next time. Sorry such a basic question but I'm really new to this.

Are you mailing it to him? If so I would just go buy tubes from a staples or post office and ship them that way (sucks to pay retail but its all you can do right now). I wouldn't put a rubber band around the decal for fear of leaving an impression on the vinyl. And yes, roll with the decal facing out so it won't get messed up.

If you are just giving it to him in person I would just roll it up and maybe transport it to him in an old vinyl roll box.

There are no dumb questions  :)

what i usually do is put transfer tape over the graphic then roll it up and put it in the tube, that way to ensure the graphic/vinyl does not get messed up!

Ok, I have a bunch of cardboard tubes from vinyl..12" and 15". Anyone who wants them, I'll stick them in a big box and you can have them for the postage. I'll even throw in some plastic end caps for shipping.

;)thanks guys! I will probably have more dumb questions later  ;D nice to know I can feel comfortable around here.

I would take your tubes but I live all the way up in Canada

Nikki

John may deliver them 1 day ( inside info )  ;D

that's the plan...but for right now I have an 86 year old mom and an 87 year old uncle that I look after.

I haven't done that much thinking about it yet. East,probably.

NS is great in the summer

Hi Can-Am , you have me chuckling thinking others may have thought you meant North-South NS  ( Nova Scotia :);D

it seem ever since I moved down here I have been giving Geography lessons to you Yanks... lol

people in WI think the only way to get to Canada is to go North.

You should have seen some of the looks I got when I first said I had to go to Chicago to get home.......lmao

I fully understand . What is basic common knowledge in 1 area  is not known at all in other area ( especially thousands of miles away ) , I thought some might not know NS stood for Nova Scotia , After just reading John's post about East , my mind went North South for a second . I bet you have heard about the Chesapeake Bay , But  what you would say probably would be humorous to people living by it .

I ship things out in tubes weekly. I just use my 15" or 24" vinyl tubes to do so. I haven't bought a mailing tube in over 2 years using this method. Figure it's a way to get more out of the rolls  :) :)

What do you use to seal the ends of the tubes?

packaging tape of course  ;):rolleyes: