Sign in to follow this  
Sweet_Ts

HELP!!!!! PLOTTER QUIT WORKING....SMELLS LIKE BURNT PLASTIC

I was cutting an image on my MH 721, which is less than a month old ,and it stopped in the middle of the cut and just start moving the blade up and down and then it started smelling...kind of like burnt plastic...I use to work on vacuum cleaners and it smells alot like when we would burn up a PC-Board on a vacuum...anyway when I turn it on now only the red reset light comes on and even it "flickers" like its a struggle

PLease help this is a new cutter and I have orders to fill......HELP :thumbsup::P

No...the display doesn't light up anymore...just the red light on the reset button and it flickers sometimes...other than that it doesn't do anything but smell..I've completely unplugged for now..Any suggestions???

contact kenimes he will be able to help.

bb

If it's only a month or two old I'm sure there is a warranty!

I sent Ken a personal email letting him know what's up...Got to looking and this machine only been in my possession since December 16th so surely they'll do something...still sucks, got orders to fill and now since my cutters down I'll probably get flooded with more and have to turn them down :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear about your cutter....it's always my fear as well.  I keep thinking of getting a backup (as I get a backup for EVERYTHING...phone, printer, scanner, computer, etc)

I'm sure when Ken gets in, he'll get this taken care of for you.

Does anyone know how long it usually take kenimes to get in contact with someone...just wanting to give people an idea of long I'm going to be down?:)?

Having a back-up seems mandatory in business or having  an associate business that gives & takes with you ( 2 small business can have similiar resources a bigger business has , somebody on the board might make what you need as a business adventure until you get going again :) )

West Coast is 3 hours behind the East coast . To save time .. You can order whatever part you need & they will send it out if you pay for it , After you send the original part back to them , they take care of that . If not , as in most warranty plans , you have to send the bad part there & then they send the new part out . I would call & leave a # . US Cutter is GREAT in dealing with problems like thi , but they are a business .

I understand all of that...and I will be shopping around for a back up cutter, one doesn't anticipate a cutter that is a few weeks old to quit working and smell like its about to catch fire, although If I had done a more indepth research on this forum pre-purchase I probably would have anticipated problems as this doesn't seem like an isolated incident. Regardless the manner in which bad parts must be recieved before good parts are sent out seems fairly standard..however I'm not sure how I can be expected to know what parts I need and you can only leave so many messages and submitted tech support tickets before becoming frustrated at the response time.

Murphy's law ... most ironic part of Murphy's law is the 1rst sentence .  Murphy was an optimist .

I understand the frustration as does US Cutter & everybody in the forum . US Cutter wil contact you ( it's 10:20 there ) . You may not have been the 1rst message that was left over the weekend :) They will troubleshoot & figure out what parts to change out . I don't know how hard it is to change out the parts . Shipping the cutter back is expensive & IF you don't want to change the stuff out , It may be cheaper to get a computer tech where you live to change the parts instead of paying the shipping .

I understand being anxious , especially difficult during weekends , non business hours ,  Holidays etc , . Time  is in slow motion when waiting I'm sure we all agree . The West Coast  ( US Cutter ) being 3 hours behind the East coast doesn't help . I Imagine the techs have a VERY busy Monday morning every week . I'm sure they respond to the " list " in order . Sweet T , You did a pretty good job at staying non-dramatic  :)

I sent Ken a personal email letting him know what's up...Got to looking and this machine only been in my possession since December 16th so surely they'll do something...still sucks, got orders to fill and now since my cutters down I'll probably get flooded with more and have to turn them down :angel:

Just the inconvenience of it does suck.  I'm setting up my 871 right now - cross your fingers she's OK.

NEVER, NEVER NEVER turn down the work.  Find a way to get it out.  Call local sign shops and/or see if anyone on the forum can help you out.  Your margins obviously will not be as high but you will not loose customers and more importantly repeat biz.  Most shops will be willing to negotiate a resellers price for you - that's how I've operated my design/sign biz for the past 4 years. Even if you give it away at your cost its still worth it in the long run.  Word of mouth goes a long way.