Sign in to follow this  
ms_sign

I may have seen it all

I'm not sure what is worse, that fact that this does happen or the fact that someone made a sign for it.  ;)

61%20What%20To%20Do%20With%20A%20Baby.jpg

Jon

My 2 cents ,

VERY sad that anybody would throw a baby in a dumpster instead of putting it up for adoption , however  It happens as John said . Whoever put that decal on the dumpster probably thought it may make the difference  in that situation ... It couldn't hurt , but realistically I doupt it would stop anybody at that stage . I hope IF that situation happens , It does make the difference . :D

Sometimes the human race is such a let down. Our ability for compassion is unsurpassed, but so is our ability for hate, stupidity and cruelty. I know some of you will take offense to what I'm about to say, I think the worst thing that happened to planet Earth is the human race.

no offense taken, in fact i would have to agree with you.

bb

Very sad indeed, hopefully if someone was to do that the pic would startle them back into reality.

Sometimes the human race is such a let down. Our ability for compassion is unsurpassed, but so is our ability for hate, stupidity and cruelty. I know some of you will take offense to what I'm about to say, I think the worst thing that happened to planet Earth is the human race.

As far as enviromental impact , I would agree except for the Amazon Indians . Animals are routinely more cruel than us . Rabbits eat their babies if the situation stress's them , if a male lion overthrows another male lions pride , they kill all the babies .  Many tough situations in the lower animal kingdom . 

yes,Rodger,but they do it out of instinct,and to survive. Humans kill for fun,for greed,for hate. And the BIG difference is,we know that it is wrong.

im kinda of upset that there is a tunnel in the vinyl! :thumbsup:

applied dry,no doubt.

Hi John ,

I understand your point & agree for the most part :P . I have watched animals shows alot . The jaguars in the Amazon is said to kill for pleasure . I have always wondered what stage of individual comprehension people ( higher animal kingdom )  & animals ( everything else .. lower animal kingdom ) have . Scientists say snakes act sub-consciencely all the time . I'm not sure of many of the studies findings . I think it is not as clear cut as to the animals vs humans knowing what is right & wrong , instinct & that the animals do cruel things to survive . I think animals comprehend alot more than many think . I'm sure you agree with me that our dogs do  :thumbsup: .

I am going to have to agree. It doesn't have to be this way though.

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.

Thomas A. Edison

Not only do I agree with John's quote but it starts at home. If everyone would abide by that we wouldn't be dealing with such issues in the world as we know it.

AHHH , Ideals vs Reality . I support the ideal 110 % . Violence is only justified in stopping violence ( ex : self defense , defense of others ) , but offer a mllion dollar check to the winner & 1/2 of that for the looser & the fight is on . Everybody who knows what the VERY FEW ELITE fighters make , want to become rich & famous & a zillion people start going to the gym . Vinny Pazienza started training to become a boxer because of watching Rocky . Vinnie became a champion & got the money & damaged brain cells that resulted . Only Vinnie can say if it was worth it . NOT for me !

LIFE like RACING provides many opportunities, great challenges, blow ups, crashes, and break downs. It's a pretty uncertain world out there. Yet you can hold on to one thing that's absolutely for certain: There is a God who loves you (John 3:16) and wants the dead level best for your life (Jer. 29:11). I once read a quote on here..."God gives you LIFE...what you do with it is up to you!"  Remember, there are GREAT people out there and some not so great but if we dwell in the not so great then we miss out on the GREAT!  :)  Hate me if you want, I LOVE MY GOD!

Dazzel

Ideal vs Reality? It has to start somewhere.......

Am I naive enough to think us humans could ever ever attain non violence......nope. But just like perfection, ya gotta keep trying even though you know you'll fall short.

Ideal vs Reality? It has to start somewhere.......

Am I naive enough to think us humans could ever ever attain non violence......nope. But just like perfection, ya gotta keep trying even though you know you'll fall short.

as a race,perhaps not...as an individual, yes.

I know,and some people don't get it,and some people don't want to get it. One person CAN make a HUGE difference in the world,and here is the proof:

http://www.ramusa.org/

Stan Brock is the man.