BannerJohn

24" pcutter question

I';m pretty sure I know the answer,but my brother is interested in buying a pcut and wants a definate yes or no.

In the item description,there is a maximum cutting width but not a minimum one. There is no mention of number of pinch rollers or whether they are adjustable. Anybody know?

that almost answers my question. But the feed roller is not the pinch rollers.Judging by the picture on the listing,there are only two pinch rollers.It would be helpful to know if you can buy and add more like you can the refine. My main machine has 4,the refine I have has 3. I can't judge how only two would be on a 24 inch piece of vinyl.

I have a machine that is not pcut, nor refine, however it is a 24 inch machine and it is only equipped with 2 rollers.

There is only one issue that Ive had with it... When the blade is getting dull, it tends to pick up the vinyl toward the middle of the sheet at ths start of the cut... Nothing serious, just install a fresh blade and she works perfect again.  ive had this machine for about 5 years now and thats the only issue that Ive ever had. Its only happend to me maybe 3 times total, so really not too bad.

The PCut has 2 pinch rollers, which are all that are necessary. It has fans inside that create some suction which help hold the material in place. Better than our Refine series that use 3 rollers and have no suction. Copams, of course, are still the best bet.

To get back to my original question,Ken...are the pinch rollers adjustable for cutting different widths of vinyl?

Yes, sorry, missed that one. Not sure if you can add another pinch roller.....I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Using 2 vs 3 pinch rollers is something that I considered carefully.  The fan design is much better than most other models that I have seen, and it is much larger and stronger.  I am almost positive that it is sufficient to hold almost all material flat (without having had feedback from our users).  Because it uses suction rather than additional rollers to maintain flatness, you don't have to have a third pinch roller making roller marks in the middle of your material.

The machines have always been sold with 2 rollers (and to my knowledge never with 3), and they are highly regarded (having sold probably 50,000 units) in other markets, so I would not worry.  That said, if anyone is concerned, I will commit to selling additional pinch rollers for $15 for the time being, at least until we get further feedback from our customers on these machines.