Guest fivestar

If you mean it is "browning" it is because the cotton fibers are scorching and "should" come back to normal color after a few minutes.

I've gotten that sometimes on whites..but that is more so cause it had more cotton than polyester.

If I use something with more polyester than cotton I don't seem to have that problem.

I'd need to know alittle bit more...temp, kind of apparel, etc.

Guest fivestar

Dirtracer that is 350F correct?  I know alot of people on here have "chinese made" presses and they are celsius. 

BTW, yes cotton will scorch alot more then 50/50 blend but they will come back to regular color.

I heat at 350, 20 seconds for Thermoflex Plus.

I don't have it as much when using Thermoflex then some transfers that require longer time in the heat press and more pressure.

I also have it more when the material has a 'flame retardant' finish...like some aprons, etc.

FYI

This happens sometimes under the flash dryer when screen printing...They make a product called "scorch out" that you spray on the garment and reflash (heat) and scorch mark disappears...I personally just use a 1 part (peroxide) to 3 parts (water) solution with good results...Some ppl use white vinegar instead of peroxide.

This might work with a heat press...Spray then press again for a few seconds.

guys i have never exp, this,, but i always cover up my project with a teflon sheet..or parchment paper

Guest sciondrgn

guys i have never exp, this,, but i always cover up my project with a teflon sheet..or parchment paper

same here for all the heat press material I use the Teflon sheet