I just joined yesterday and everyone has been a great help. But yesterday night when I plugged in my heat press it took more than an hour and it never got to 350. It was at 296 when I decided to try if it would work already. i placed a sweatshirt with the thermoflex fo 20 seconds and all of it burned!!!! The vinyl, the plastic, even the sweatshirt. Am I doing something wrong? Here is the info on me heat press.

BRAND NEW 15" X 15" INDUSTRIAL QUALITY DIGITAL HEAT PRESS TEFLON COATED HEAT PLATEN SURFACE + FREE BONUS GIFT 1 X TEFLON SHEET INCLUDED + 2 EASY TO REPLACE FUSE FREE + 10 FREE INK TRANSFER PAPER GREAT FOR CERAMIC TILES AND NYLON T-SHIRTS

Voltage:110V

Power:2250W

Temperature Range:0-399

Hmmm..well if the temp only got to 295, you would have to adjust the temperature setting.

Also you prepress the shirt about 8-10 seconds.

Than apply your Thermoflex....20 seconds (I believe) and than peel the carrier off.

I place a teflon sheet OVER the graphic before pressing.

I was thinking (I know it's a uncommon) but it shouldn't have burned if it was at only 295!! It sounds like your thermometer is way off!

It shouldn't take no hour to heat to 295 either.

I just joined yesterday and everyone has been a great help. But yesterday night when I plugged in my heat press it took more than an hour and it never got to 350. It was at 296 when I decided to try if it would work already. i placed a sweatshirt with the thermoflex fo 20 seconds and all of it burned!!!! The vinyl, the plastic, even the sweatshirt. Am I doing something wrong? Here is the info on me heat press.

BRAND NEW 15" X 15" INDUSTRIAL QUALITY DIGITAL HEAT PRESS TEFLON COATED HEAT PLATEN SURFACE + FREE BONUS GIFT 1 X TEFLON SHEET INCLUDED + 2 EASY TO REPLACE FUSE FREE + 10 FREE INK TRANSFER PAPER GREAT FOR CERAMIC TILES AND NYLON T-SHIRTS

Voltage:110V

ur heat press sounds like a chinese press which is celcius not farenheit u need to convert ur settings which for thermoflex it should probably be around 180 cel degrees to equal 350 in fare. hope this helps

Power:2250W

Temperature Range:0-399

Shelia, I am glad you caught that before she burned her house down. She had it at almost 600F

Good catch eagle eye Nona!!  :-[

Oh yeah, that could of been a real mess for sure.

:-[  Hey I hadn't even caught the C readings.............I haven't had to deal with that thankfully....but hey atleast you came to the forum seeking guidance!!  :-[

Well your next shirt attempt, be sure to share it with us!

Jenny

hehe, yeah ken we are growing up. lmao. no problem glad i could help. lol

just speaking from experience. had similar thing happen to me. lol.

and we did it all without Ken!

Thanks again,Nona

Chinese import cutters are in C, not F.    :thumbsup:

Oh, wait, I am late.