You are no fool. Unless you are plannning a career change then it would be spelled "foole"

I'm not 100% but I believe John used Inkscape!

good thing you didn't bet on it

That was done in Flexi pro in about 30 seconds

I'm not 100% but I believe John used Inkscape!

good thing you didn't bet on it

That was done in Flexi pro in about 30 seconds

darn, I'm wrong again....that's why I stopped betting A LONG time ago!!  :-[

Nice job though John! thanks for helping.

Jenny

ok I am running to my garage now and turning on my laptop, I havent even plugged in the plotter. I will keep you all updated in case I blow something up in there LOL, wish me luck

Nice work Ace...

Good luck cutting... some people have no problems getting the cutter to communicate with the comp, and for others it's a nightmare for a few days. There's more than enough people around here that will get you lined up if you have any problems!

Ok I plugged in the plotter and put in the vinyl, but when I test it , it keeps moving the vinyl. Please help, what am I doing wrong? Also at what force should it be for themoflex vinyl? One more question, my computer does not let me open the file that you sent me, it does not recognize that type of file, what do I do?Thanks

Firstly.... thermoflex material is heat press material! You don't have anything else to "test" with?!@?!

It sounds like you need to tighten the pinch rollers down some. On the back side of the cutter where the pinch rollers are, you'll see 2 thumb screws for each pinch roller. Give them all a few turns to tighten things up, but not too much, or you'll put imprints on the vinyl.

I did that but it still moves. Do I set the blade in the beginning of the vinyl to start cutting? I have the window kind of vinyl, Should I start with that one instead?

you really should start with the plotting pen and some paper til you get the hang of it.

on that I have no idea. It's been awhile since I've used signblazer...maybe in awhile, Jay will come on and he can tell you exactly how. he is the SB expert.

I need help in locating the name of my plotter in SignBlazer. How do I know which one itis to print. The computer is communicating with the plotter but it is going crazy when I try to print something.

Can you please click the cutter button at the top of the screen (to go to the cut screen), and then click the setup button at the top. Please tell us what you have listed for the top two drop down boxes. You should have MH721 in the first and Blazer.Com#:USB Serial Port for the second (If you are using usb). If you do not have these set correctly please change them.

Once you have these set correctly go ahead and check to make sure your material is secured to the cutter via the pinch rollers so the material doesn't move all over the place when the machine starts cutting. Also make sure that you have VERY, VERY little of the blade visible. The general rule is half the thickness of a credit card should be visible. Go over all of this and try to cut again. If you have any problems after this just post them and I will continues to help you out.

First off Welcome.

Jenny I would have jumped in to help but I was actually learning. :thumbsup:

John you are awesome I love the way you made that picture convert and only in 30 seconds? I have so much to learn.

Christi

Welcome Angel,

Don't you just love the rapid response you get from here?  Anything you want to learn you will learn from this forum...I did!  I have sooo much to learn as well so we can learn together :thumbsup:

Dazzel

Don't worry I've pulled plenty myself..lol.

It takes time, patience and practice.

Any further questions...don't hesitate to ask...if you need a file ready to cut you are always welcome to post it and one of us here will get it ready for you, until  you learn it yourself.

Have a great night!

Jenny, can you get a design ready to cut for me? I installed inkscape today to try to get my design ready for when my cutter gets here, but can't even figure how to bring in a design.  I have a jpg of my daughter's logo and one for a friend's beauty shop. I was hoping I could get my designs ready to cut while I'm waiting on the cutter, but no luck. I havne't installed SBE yet, because I'm afraid my computer doesn't have enough memory. I'm waiting to get the system requirements with the software before I install it.  Also, you gave steps to open a file in SBD. What's that? Is it part of SignBlazer? Thanks for any help you can give.Sandy

Hi Sandy Baby ( Humming Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta singing  that song  :rolleyes: )  ,

If time is an issue getting the decals made for your daughters place  , Jenny ( of 867-5309 Tommy Tutone fame  ;) ) would make you what you need I bet .

I'm hoping Jenny can help. I've been writing furiously the posts I'm reading on the forum, trying to get this all figured out before the cutter comes in. LOL

I'm sure she would give you a reasonable price & save you the stress of racing the timeline you have . UNLESS you like pressure  ;) ... getting the shipped item , setting it up , learning the software & making the cut decal ready to install would be way more than I would try ( I know what I went thru getting up to speed :rolleyes: )

I was able to get one logo into sign blazer and saved, but it wouldn't let me save it as eps, just sbd file. Does that sound right?  I went back into it to bring it back into sbe to look at it and it's very tiny, sits down in the lower right hand corner. It was really large when I saved it. Does anyone know why it became so small?

Also, when I opened a png file into inkscape, it showed up very tiny also. What causes the files to shrink? 

One more question:  Can a pdf file be opened in either Inkscape or signblazer?

Or is it even something I can work with? Thank you for all the help.

I'm not really on a time line for my design, I'm just really anxious to learn all this.  My daughter's design is a freebie so what's she gonna' do?LOL  If I can't figure it out pretty soon, I may hire Jenny if she's agreeable... Sandy

A pdf file will not open in SB that I know of.  Gif, jpegs,bitmaps and ofcourse eps files will open in SBE.

Sandy, it will save it sbd automatically...but you can export that same file as a eps file as well.

Jenny

Sandy , If you make the design bigger , when you go to open a new file it should ask if you want to save changes to current file , click yes & next time the file should open that size .

Thanks for the help everyone. I just got the cutter hooked up today and the manual printed ( half anyway). I want to be sure I've got everything working with the cutter before I work on the design again.  One thing I noticed with the design though....I saved the design in inkscape after doing the vector thing. It turned blue, but the logo should be in 2 colors. If I try to select one part to put the color back in, the whole design gets selected. Have I missed a step? Sandy