Sign in to follow this  
IrishShark

Installing the Blade (Facing which way?!?)

First question is what way is the blade suppose to face? Im guessing the sharp angle towards the back where the vinyl enters.... But I have no idea.

Example:      _____________

|                    |

___________ |                  |_____________

|____________ |

^                ^                    ^

Vinyl Enter        Cutter          Finished Vinyl

Should the blade be like this?

| |

Sharp Point----->  | so the vinyl entering the machine hits the sharp point or does the machine cut from a different way?

Also I have yet to change my blade pressue but as of right now I put the blade holder(with blade)

in to the holding slot and when the blade goes down it only goes down not even half of what it did out of the box. It just goes down to sit on the plastic strip under the blade. Ill check pressure but while asking the first question I wanted to know if that plastic strip is suppose to be their or if it should be removed?

If you read this please respond right away with opinion or with facts. Thank you.

The blade spins freely on a 360degree axis, so it turns the way it should when it enters the material.

Oh sweet. Few! I was wondering how the heck that would work as I let the cutter pretend cut (no blade) and it seemed to move all over the place.