Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

Teacher related graphics?

Hello, checking to see if anyone has some teacher related graphics?  apple, books, pencils, etc?

With the holidays coming starting to get some inquiries for such items for teacher gifts!

Thanks everyone.

Jenny

lol, I thought of you the other day.....I have my first banner to do. And of course it can't be a simple lettered one color banner. It's a layered 3 color, I swear I was born to jump in with both feet.

I just had someone ask me to come up with gifts for teachers last night. I didn't think about aprons. I have seen inspirational messages on glass blocks and tiles though. Good Luck with your new project!

...lol Tory!  A lady is looking for one as she teaches preschool children and she wanted to have one for art class..I thought it was a really neat idea.

You will do well with the banner, I'm sure of it.

You could also consider personalizing tote bags for teachers..they are always carrying things to and from the school.

Let me know how the banner is going..if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me or post it on the forums.

Thanks for the well wishes! This one is going to be fun though! :rolleyes:

Oh I like totes, that's a good one for sure. And thanks I may just hold you to that lol

Hay there are some great wall words for teachers, or use em on a tile,,, it's so CHEEP I'll look for em for ya

Oh I like totes, that's a good one for sure. And thanks I may just hold you to that lol

lol...well you can hold me to it, no problem.  I've done quite a few banners lately, and have learned something new almost every time.

Good idea Kris....there are just so many wonderful things we can make with our cutters!

I would say the only thing is money, but i'm working on that one....

Cutting $$ now there's an idea :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in teacher related stuff for sure Thanks

lmao Kris....oh we are suppose to MAKE money with these cutters?? darn...I was doing it all wrong!!  ;)  :rolleyes:

Tory if you need any suggestions on where to get totes at a good price send me a PM. 

Thanks Jen, that's not a problem due to the embroidery side of business.....I just didn't relate teachers to totes lol. Sometimes the ol memory needs a lil jog. :rolleyes:

Ohhh if I ever need to have some embroidery for totes, can I get in touch with you? so I can get a price?

I just heatpress designs on them now.

Glad I could help jog your memory some! :rolleyes:

Sure absolutely, and my daughter attends college near you so prob could save shipping too if time allowed.

Ok great!!! I'll be getting in contact with you soon.

Thanks so much,

Jenny

It does seem to overlap, usually well, all the various softwares can be a bit frustrating at times though. I started with embroidery, then heatpress, and now into vinyl. Seems like there is never enough hours in a day.

Now see I think of embroidery to be MUCH more difficult then vinyl cutting!!

It is in a way Jen, a lot more to learn with the digitizing, hooping, applique etc. But I had a sewing background before starting so it seemed easier at the time. Or maybe I just don't remember the pain lol. For me, with vinyl, it is trying to get a vector image to act right....consistantly. With embroidery the various elements won't change on you. With a vector file, for me anyway, sometimes I use one graphic software and other times I need to use a diff one. With what seems to be the same problem. I'm sure it will get easier as I continue on. I do like the various challenges......glutton for punishment :thumbsup:

Well Tory, then I'm in trouble...cause see, I can't sew a straight line to save myself...lmao.  :thumbsup:

So I'll stay with vinyl and just PM ya when I need some embroidery work done!!  :thumbsup:

LOL Jen, that will be fine. But you could do it, like anything else it's what you put your mind to. It's all computerized, the files are digitized on the computer then sent to the machine so you don't have to know anything about sewing. But I just found it more intuitive because I knew how the fabric would push/pull when sewn and just dealt with garments in general.

My daughter just asked me to teach her how to sew over break. I thought all these years and finally she wants to learn. They don't teach it anymore in school.

lol.....well if I ever decided to do embroidery it would be some time down the road.

lol...about your daughter...when you mentioned how they don't teach sewing anymore...how about learning a keyboard on a REAL typewriter?? lol....where you actually had to hit the return bar? lol  oops, really showing some age here!!  :thumbsup:

EXACTLY! My youngest had "keyboarding" last trimester and telling me it was difficult. Here she is taking Algebra 2 & Physics and pulling As and she thinks keyboarding is difficult?:thumbsup: WE didn't even have computers to mess with since birth and made it thru typing class lol. Kids nowadays  :thumbsup: