Laceylp

Plus Size Boutique Banner

Hi!  I have gotten loads of info from this board and it ia all overwhelming and appreciated!!!!

I have another favor....Does anyone here have a plus size dress/female and husky male figure?  I'm doing a banner for a plus size shop to show what I can do.  She has no logo yet, no sign, no anything other than a painted sign on an a frame for her store front.  If I could do something great...it could lead to My First Store Front!!!!  I'm so needing this!

Thank anyone who reads this and any help would be appreciated!

Lacey

you have to be careful about this...most people (myself included) who require 'plus sizes' don't like to admit that we are fat and a graphic of a 'person of size' might be the wrong way to go. I suggest using the business name as the logo rather than pics or graphics of large people. If you go to the Lane Bryant site (national chain for plus sizes) you will notice that they tend to shy away from showing the really large people. Do up a fancy,nice logo.

I have to agree with John on this one! Some people do get taken back by certain images.  I agree to make up a nice design with her company name.

Just my opinion.

I'm from a plus size family...Mom, Dad and sisters..they have never had an issue using plus size but you are right...

Thank you for your help

Business name is Her PLUS Him...Changed from Large and Lovely!  ;D

My family shops here and sells on consignment so I really did want something to knock her socks off. 

Thank you for varying view points..

Lacey

I don't personally have an issue with plus size, I have some in my family.  But when you have to make that store front, sign, banner, etc for all to see, you just never know how some my take to it, ya know?

I'm sure you will come up with something equally as beautiful that will knock her socks off!!

YOU GO GIRL!

I don't have an issue with being a 'plus size' either (I prefer the term 'portly') but I don't like being reminded of it. ;D

Does anyone remember the name of the plus sized chain that Rodney Dangerfield ran in "Back to School"? Wasn't it "Big and Fat"?

I have that movie, but can't remember the store name...but that movie ALWAYS makes me laugh!  ;D

well,with me it's like this...someone calls me 'big guy' and I am fine with it. Someone calls me 'fat boy' and I am not. Its all in presentation. After all.. 'plus size' is really just a nice way of saying sizes for overweight people (in most cases).And with signs,presentation is everything.

I once had a customer ask me to make some lettering for her door,listing things/people that were NOT allowed. There were 13 things listed.After I pointed out to her that her list included just about everyone,and would peobably look offensive to those it didn't include,she changed it to "NO food,drink,or skate shoes allowed".

I guess my thought had been if they had an issue with the name, it would have been with Large and Lovely! LOL  Her PLUS Him was tame to me compared to the prior name.  I did not think at all about more people viewing it other than me or my family's view...and it can be taken offensive.  I  would never want or intend to offend anyone ever! 

I think I will run with this:

NOW OPEN

Her PLUS Him

Consignment Shop

Clothes Sizes 18 to 56

([move][/move]using a fancy Font)

Will also check spelling prior to cutting, made that mistake before! LOL 

Thanks again!

Lacey

I don't have an issue with being a 'plus size' either (I prefer the term 'portly') but I don't like being reminded of it. ;D

Does anyone remember the name of the plus sized chain that Rodney Dangerfield ran in "Back to School"? Wasn't it "Big and Fat"?

Thornton Melon's "Tall & Fat" stores

Thornton Melon's "Tall & Fat" stores

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX055IcEECQ

Her PLUS Him...Pretty clever name! Maybe play around with a "+" sign or something?

Great idea!!!  I have her card and she spelled PLUS in all caps as opposed to the lower....Her card is just a basic no frills card.  Wish she had added sommething for me to work with a bit! LOL 

Maybe she likes basic and will think I over killed it with graphics cause I'm new and like to play!  ;D

Lacey

Lacey, I have one customer that I always go a little over on the design...she always smiles and tells me no!! lol........she wants the text basic and no real frill to it...bummer!  ;D

I can't stand a plain sign!

Jenny

;D Glad to hear I'm not the only one!  I over add to everything right now!!! I'm just having fun playing with everything...maybe one day I will wish for plain! For now I love all the graphics and text choices..My husband just imported 7,000 fonts to my signblazer...felt like a kid on Christmas morning..LOL

Lacey

Awesome Joe!!  Now the real trick....if Lacey likes it too, do you have an eps for her?  ;D

OMG I love this!!!  Can I use it?  Guess y ou can tell how nerw I am.. I never would have done it like this but LOVE IT!!!!! 

Thank you!!!

Lacey 

That's what I LOVE abnout this forum!!!! There are so many here who are not only WILLING to help, but do so with great generosity.

BRAVO to you all!

THANK YOU so much!!!!!! I love it and I am sure she will tooo!!!!!

Lacey

PS when done I will try and get a picture for you if I can!