All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Wildgoose

ORACAL 651 15" Vinyl now comes unpunched.

I buy R-Tape in 15"
  3. I can't find a service manual for the CE6000. but maybe the service manual for the CE5000 might get you there. http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/CE5000/CE5000-UM-251 (09-9370).pdf
  4. MZ SKEETER

Main tape is 15" That is all I have used for many years. Some of the Rtape is 15" also. I have an Ebay seller that I have bought from for years. I use Main medium tack paper tape. https://www.uscutter.com/Main-Tape-GXP750-PerfecTear-Plus-Medium-Tack-Transfer-Tape
  5. Dakotagrafx

if you like pinstriping and gold leaf . . . ..

You could pin stripe or add gold leaf to outriggers . . . .hmmmmm
  6. Hi, this post had been for many years but I think I might shared my two cents on the ARMS. I facing the same problem on and off, sometime it would read but sometime it won't. Oh, btw I am using CE6000-60 series. The only thing that I would do when the cutter wouldn't read my registration marks, I will find a piece of clothes and try to clean the censor. Then it will work, but 1 question is, how do we take the censor out to clean it thoroughly. Thanks, just my 2 cents
  7. haumana

Great! Now they just need to increase the width of their app tape to match .... and i would need my local shop here to carry the vinyl and wider app tape
  8. typically people just post the file to the forum thread, so that many volunteers can take a stab at problem solving it. if you feel more comfortable just sending it to me, that works too - just click on my profile name, then click Message. you can attach files and shot me a message at the same time. no one else will see the communication or attachment.
  9. haumana

love looking at pre-vinyl days
  10. haumana

font help please

Didn't find the exact, but it's pretty darn close. Gulya Script. You can find it on dafont.com
  11. Last week
  12. sdgirl

font help please

I am looking for this font on the wood. Thank you, Christi
  13. That is great news. Now you can get the whole 15" wide cuttable area. And it is cheaper than the Punched version. Maybe others noticed it, but I just saw it in an email from USCutter. https://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-651-Vinyl-15x10-Yard-Non-Punched https://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-651-Vinyl-15x50-Yard-Non-Punched
  14. Dakotagrafx

love it - there aren't enough new people doing the old school skilled work
  15. mfatty500

And this one from 1978
  16. mfatty500

Here's an old Indy Car from the 70's that my uncle and cousin painted and stripped, and another from 1980. That's my Uncle on the far right & his son in the cowboy hat. I used to love watching them paint and the smell of turps and paint, oh..and a few beers and shots were consumed while doing so. My cousin is still doing it at the ripe young age of 76. And all was done freehand, no masking tapes involved
  17. GraphxNMore

Eye test needed

Man, that's real dang close. A few curved edges here or there. Nothing I can't straighten though. Much appreciated!
  18. hawksview

Now is cutting message

Problem Solved. I have no idea how it happened but somehow the model of my cutter got changed in my software.Set it to the right one and all is good
  19. Mz Skeeter is asking because while what you are doing may be working for you, it is not the intended use of the cutter and will ruin the cutting strip making future cuts not as clean. Have you tried a different program for printing? From this statement, it sounds to me like it is a software problem and you may not be able to use Graphtec Studio to print with your printer. What printer are you using?
  20. Dakotagrafx

I watch every week, love the striping and I have used my plotter to do a mask to sandblast the back of mirrors and then paint part and gold leaf part. Last week nub said he liked the one I did for my daughters wedding
  21. ShaneGreen

I would never even attempt this kind of stuff, but I love watching it! My great uncle was a sign painter in Iowa....barns, berma-shave, store windows, fire trucks, you name it. A canvas bag of paints and a leather roll of brushes. As a kid I was mesmerized by the stuff he could do by hand. Heck, I still am!
  22. ShaneGreen

Decal Storage

I like your vinyl storage solution Mz Skeeter. I need to give that a try with some of these rolls I don't need to get at very often, the rest is hanging on the wall. What I'm really looking for is ways of storing completed decals. If I'm cutting a file that doesn't use up the full 24" I'll sometimes cut misc. decals out of the excess at the same time. Just stuff I give away as samples. But they start to pile up after a while and need a decent way to store them. Going to try Dakota's accordion file one of these days.
  23. What is your email? I can send you the gstudio file or export it as a pdf and send it to you as well.
  24. I do two passes and I’m cutting through laminated Calendared vinyl. Vinyl is 11mil and laminate it 3 mil. 2 contour cuts and they pop out nice and clean. Sometimes you have to play with pressure to fine tune it.
  25. I might be one of the very few who has both a Graphtec and Graphtec Studio. Hence, the file request. But if you'd rather just tell me what you issue is, without me being able to recreate it on my side, then I cannot help you. Send the file or not, but I'm just going to say, that most times, sending the file helps us volunteers to troubleshoot a lot faster and more thoroughly.
  26. Also, are you using a carrier sheet to contour cut on? If not, how are you perf cutting without ruining your cutting strip? I know it can be done on the FC units, because I have them. It has the 2nd hole in the carriage head and groove below. The American CE6000, does not have that. Is your cutter from Graphtec America?
  1. Load more activity